Knee Deep In Monsters

A/N: AAAH! THE ACTION IS PICKING UP! SUSPENSE! DISCLAIMER TIME!
Hazel: My turn.
Me: Sure! Go ahead Hazel!
Hazel: The author does not own anything. The characters that belong to the Riordanverse are owned to Rick Riordan, and the characters and settings that belong to the Wizarding World are owned by J.K Rowling.
Me: On with the story!

***Will's P.O.V***

I tried to slow my breathing as I stated into the shadowy walls of my cell. I knew what I had to do.

I just didn't necessarily want to do it.

I'd been released from my chains a while back, my wrists red and sore, but I couldn't escape. That was, until Eris mentioned that the shadows were connected. I squeezed my eyes shut, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to do. I then opened them, and did something so incredibly stupid, Nico would probably hit me over the head for it later. That is, if I didn't die a terrifying and brutal death before that.

I ran headfirst into the shadows, and let them swallow me up.

***Ginny's P.O.V***

I woke up early, although it wasn't particularly my choice. Prefects had come round, banging on doors and the whole castle was full of whispers. I'd seen the shadows pooling in; the situation looked bleak.

The whole school had gathered in the Great Hall, and McGonagall was issuing instructions for the evacuation of the younger students. I'd zoned out, running through my training in my mind. Is this when I would finally put my new found skills into practise? Or is where we all fall foul of Eris' plan?

The younger students were being evacuated in small groups. Now there was only a few fourth years waiting. My mind trailed to the Room of Requirement, where our weapons were. There was a small woosh, and Nico stepped out of the shadows next to me. "Hey." I tried to make conversation with him. He showed no emotion, and didn't meet my eyes. He silently handed me my twin daggers then shadow travelled away.

I admired the weapons I'd grown to love using. The simple celestial bronze blades had ancient Greek inscriptions on the handle. Will told me once that they were the names of some of the Gods. I hadn't seen Will in a while...

The flashback of three weeks ago hit me like a truck. Boreas had completely disappeared, and Nico told me that I shouldn't expect to see him again. Gods rarely repay their debts.

***Hazel's P.O.V***

I watched as a small army of monsters began to near the grounds. Around me, a couple of professors were casting protective charms around the castle. I wasn't sure if they'd work, but they still might weaken the army. I narrowed my eyes as I considered various strategies. I watched the various spells shimmer in the sky as they spread out over the building. It kind of reminded me of a fireworks display Nico had taken me to for Bonfire's Night.

I'd never been to one before, and watching the colours explode in the sky with my brother was...nice. It had been cold, so I was pleasantly surprised when Nico took out a blanket from his bag. Of course, it was black, but very warm.

Speaking of Nico, he had begun to hand out the wizards' weapons, and all the younger students had finally been evacuated. I bit my lip at the thought of Will. He was still missing, and Nico may not have shown it but he was heartbroken. Everything was a struggle, and whenever he wasn't doing anything he'd sit and stare at Will's bow, occasionally trailing his fingers along it. It tugged at my heartstrings, and I was saddened by the realisation that although I could be there for him, I couldn't help him. I'd tried, and he still talks to me, but to everyone else he's as blank and emotionless as a a robot.

We'd messaged camp when the shadows started appearing. Frank was in the background, and I hoped I'd get to see him soon. But making sure my brother's okay comes first, and we have a battle to win. Eris isn't a match for all of us, I'm sure of it.

The sky seemed to darken as the terror of monsters approached. I could just make out swarms of dracanae, a few familiar empousai and some hell hounds. I reminded myself that they weren't the loveable Mrs O Leary that we'd all grown to care for. These hell hounds were killers.

And it was up to us to send the whole lot of them back to Tartarus.

***Eris' P.O.V***

I watched as my army advanced into the castle. I was well aware of the wizards' plans, thanks to my puppet, and now they could not be defeated. Everything was going perfectly! I might cry tears of joy, or squeal like an overexcited fan girl! I contented myself with a small squeak of excitement then turned as someone walked up to me.

"It's done. I planted Operation Kill-All." I smiled at the newcomer.

"Perfect. You've done well."

After all, two puppets are better than one. And this one came willingly.

A/N: I finally got it up! This was a little later than I wanted it to be, but I've had no ideas for this until BAM creativity hit me over the head with a frying pan.

I played badminton today. I suck at badminton. I am so terrible at it that an epic fail compilation could be created. It was pretty hilarious.

Question of the Chapter: Who do you think is the mysterious 'puppet'?

Hey, I wonder what stupid and life threatening action Will's doing. Emphasis on the life threatening.

Also I'm going to be creating a book full of Solangelo AUs and One-Shots. Give your ideas here.

Anyone like the little sibling bonding moment I tucked in? I'm hoping you all know what Bonfire's Night is, or that's going to be really confusing...

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this, vote and comment! If you want to see more of my stuff, give me a follow!

Until next time,

~HouserOfStories