i3

imagine you come home to find
Damon sick
—————————————

Wearily, you put in your keys and click open the front door of your apartment and look around. You had an exhausting day and just couldn't wait to see Damon. Speaking of Damon, he told you that he was going to meet you here since he has his own keys and all. There was no sign of him yet.

"Damon, I'm home." You call out. "Oh he must have not come." You mumble to yourself.

You quickly throw your backpack on the couch and head into the kitchen to fix yourself a snack. After making a plain pb&j sandwich, you make your way into your bedroom. Upon opening the door, you find Damon lying on your bed. Bundled up in the sheets. Eyes closed.

"Damon?" You say.

Damon shifts a little and opens up his eyes. Through half lidded eyes, he discovers you and you find a smile forming on his face. "Baby, I don't feel so well." He stretches his hand longingly towards you.

In a second, you're right besides him with his hand comfortably in yours. You take in his pale skin and limp body and quickly lean in to take his temperature. He is burning hot.

"Damon, what happened?" You ask.

"I was fine when I reached here but suddenly I felt exhausted so I lied down on your bed and here I am."

"Damon, we need to go to a doctor." You say, concerned. You sit on the edge of the bed careful not to disturb.

"I'll be fine." He mumbles, raising his head a bit to look at you properly.

"How do you feel?" You inquire.

"I feel extremely sick and awful." His voice hoarse. His head falls back on the collection of pillows.

You quickly join him on the bed, snuggling closer to him as he rests his head on your chest. Once his head is lying comfortably on your chest, you begin to stroke his dark brown hair. "Go to sleep babe." You whisper to him.

"I'm not very sleepy." He mumbles, eyes still closed.

You plant a soft kiss on his forehead which is decorated with sweat and continue stroking his hair. You chuckle when Damon moans with pleasure. Suddenly his eye lids slowly open and you find yourself getting lost in the depths of his baby blue eyes. He holds your gaze for awhile before moving away from you and propping his head on his elbow.

"I forgot to ask, how was your day?" He says, with as much strength he could muster.

"My day was good and Damon i really think you should try to sleep." You point out, raising an eyebrow.

"Come on, I wanna talk to my girl!" He manages a smirk as he kisses the back of your hand still wrapped around his hand.

Hearing him say 'my girl' sends shivers through you. Everything about this relationship sends butterflies fluttering in your stomach. Damn, you really were a hopeless romantic.

"But your girl wants you to feel comfortable." You tease with a coy smile.

"I'm with my girl. Ofcourse I'm comfortable." He grins at you.

You, immediately, capture him in a warm kiss before leaning back to cup his face and kiss his hair. "You are such a baby." You coo, still holding his face in your hands.

"And i'm yours." He adds, throwing in a smooth wink.

"Damon, you're not even feeling well." You laugh.

"A sick man can't flirt with his girlfriend?" He says, as he wipes away a fake tear.

"You are such an idiot." You chuckle before leaning back and resting your head against your pillows.

Both of you turn towards each other. You give him a loving smile at which he suddenly says,

"Have I mentioned that I love your smile?" He says, his mouth set in a smirk. "The reserved-for-Damon-only smile."

"You should get sick more often." You grin cheekily at him before picking up your forgotten sandwich from the bedside table. You hold it out for Damon to eat. He takes a bite out of it from your hands and slithers back down into the sheets.

A yawn escapes Damon's lips. He closes his eyes. "I'm sleepy now."

"I called it!" You laugh at him as he makes himself comfortable. "I love you, Damon."

"I love you!" He mumbles, giving your hand a squeeze and turning over to sleep.

When you finish the rest of the sandwich. You slide in next to him and hug him tightly, putting your head on his chest and laying as close to him as possible because this is Damon Salvatore and you can never get too much of him.