i7

imagine you tell Damon about a traumatic experience and he comforts you
———————

You were still in the shower when he entered the room. Damon leans against the sink of your bathroom, waiting for you to notice his presence. Separated by a shower curtain, you rinse your hair and body one last time. Grabbing a towel from the hook and wrapping it around your waist, you step out.

"Damon." You breathe as you spot him rhythmically tapping his hands on your sink. He is dressed in a simple black shirt that compliments his toned and athletic body accompanied with matching black jeans and shoes. "I didn't expect you here at 8 in the morning and definitely not in my bathroom." You chuckle.

You walk over to him and kiss his cheek in greeting as he cups your face in his hands. "Well, I missed you. So I thought why not come over here and meet you."

"I missed you too, hottie." You pat his chest before moving away to get your clothes. However, you don't get too far. Damon takes ahold of your wrist and pulls you back, making you bump into him. "Hey!" You laugh.

"Do you really think I am going to let my girlfriend move away when she looks all sexy and smells like strawberries. Not to mention when she's half naked." He smirks. He brings his hands to your shoulders, rubbing circles onto them.

"You are so baby." You grin up at him.

Damon leans over to kiss your shoulder when something catches his attention. "Hey, what's this." He points to a slightly darkened and purple bruise you have on your shoulder.

"Oh this I got as a child. Must've gotten it when I was playing or something." Satisfied with the answer, Damon half smiles at you.

"I think I should get dressed." You say with a hint of panic and urgency. You release yourself from Damon's hold and turn around to go into your bedroom trying to ignore the confused look on Damon's face.

"Wait!" Damon calls out. You look over at him to see what happened as he takes a long stride towards you. "There is another bruise on your back."

You quickly try to cover it up with your towel but Damon is quicker than you. He pats away your hand and moves his face closer to your back, examining the bruise.

"Come on, it's probably nothing." Your voice quivers.

"Don't tell me you got this as a child too." He narrows his eyes and turns you around to face him. "Y/N, why are there bruises on your body?" Damon says in a serious tone as you look everywhere but in his eyes.

"I don't remember honestly." Your lip trembles slightly. "I always had these."

"Why are there bruises on your body, Y/N." He stresses, as all the humour is drained from his face. He is trying to make sense of this as clearly, such bruises couldn't be formed as a child on someone's back.

You stare at him, unaware of how to respond. Then after carefully choosing your words you croak out, "My previous boyfriend may or may not use to slightly hit me." Making sure there is emphasis on 'slightly'.

"What?" Damon exhales. What he dreaded was true.... "Tell me. Tell me everything." Concern and fury etched clearly on his face.

"I can't." Your voice cracks. "It's too painful."

He quickly wraps his strong muscular arms around your small, towel clad and wet body to him as your hands grab a fistful of his t shirt. You clung tightly to him as he carefully walks you to your bed. He sits on your bed and pulls you onto his lap as your cheek rests against his chest. Quietly rocking you back and forth, he strokes your damp hair.

"Baby, you have to tell me okay." He whispers. "You have to let it out."

You shake your head. You did not want to speak as you knew you would start crying and crying in front of Damon was the last thing you wanted to do. You had always wanted to show Damon that you were brave and not just some vulnerable little girl. Ofcourse, Damon being Damon, somehow always managed to break through your facade.

"Hey, I don't want to push you but you don't have to keep this to yourself. I am here for you baby." He tilts your chin up with his finger, forcing you to make eye contact. His concerned eyes gaze deep into your teary ones and he looks intently at them, searching for answers.

Taking a deep breath, "Well..." You begin with difficulty. To encourage you to speak further, Damon takes a hold of your hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. You look up to him and muster a smile before continuing. "It- it didn't start like this when I met my live-in boyfriend a year and a half earlier. At first, he was l-loving and sweet and a-attentive. I was already in love with him by the first time he called me a-a worthless piece of shit in an alcohol-infused fury; I was in shock." You stammer slightly. "I thought about leaving him that night, but I was frozen with indecision. I loved him, after all. And my mind had started to believe what he said about me." You take a deep breath.

"Baby you are worth so much, okay?" Damon reassures you. "Don't you ever forget that."

You nod slightly at him. "The next morning, he was sober again and rushed to apologize, holding me in his arms while I cried. And that's when the cycle began." You say as your voice trembles. "The first time he kicked me, I was walking down the stairs to our apartment, and he told me it was my fault. I "pushed his buttons" and made him do it. Soon, I started taking all the blame for his rages, walking on eggshells every moment we were together."

"That fucking asshole kicked you?" Damon's voice raises by a tremendous volume causing you to flinch as you suck in a sudden breath. He notices this and stops himself. "Go on." He says. You can see how much Damon is trying to pull himself together for your sake instead of hunting your ex's ass down and murdering him.

You shift yourself to a more comfortable position on his lap. "Over the course of several months, I had learned to see myself through his eyes: unattractive, unlovable, and stupid. In his regular drunken state, he would beat me with belts. That's when the bruises formed on my shoulder and back and eventually became permanent. I believed him when he told me that he was the best I would ever find and that I was not sexy or desirable." A sob escapes your lips and you bury your head in Damon's chest not wanting him to see you this vulnerable and afraid.

Damon wraps his arms around your body which has begun to shake uncontrollably. Your tears drench his shirt as you loudly sob. "Shh." Damon attempts to console. He lightly massages your hair with one hand while holding you close with the other. "He is gone now. He won't hurt you anymore baby." He whispers soothingly in your ear.

You sob into his chest unceasingly, hands clutching at his shirt. He holds you in silence, rocking you slowly as your tears soak his chest. A tiny lapse let you pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before you collapse again, your howls of misery worsening. The pain comes in waves, minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths, before hurling you back into the outstretched arms of your grief.

After a few minutes, your sobs turn into shaky breaths. Damon looks at you and begins cautiously, "Y/N, I just want you to know that I love you and I won't ever even dare to lay a hand on such a precious person. You mean everything to me and that sick bastard should know that he lost a gem like you."

With all your courage, you smile at him. Damon leans over to plant a warm kiss on your forehead. "What do you say I make us some hot cocoa and we spend the rest of the morning in bed. I'll even let you watch Friends."He laughs, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I'd like that very much." You say with a small smile.

Damon picks you up from his lap and drops you on the bed. "Let's get you your clothes and then I'll go prepare em" He rubs his hands together.

Damon walks into the bathroom to fetch your clothes. Before dropping them in your outstretched hand, he leans over to kiss your cheek sweetly.

"Damon." You call, as he heads downstairs. "Yes princess?" He turns to look at you.

"It really does feel better now that I have let it all out." You say, fidgeting with your hands unsure about what to say."I really appreciate you and thanks for being there for me."

"Always and forever baby." He smiles and makes his way downstairs.