i21

imagine Damon gets jealous of a friend you make at the bar
—————————

You leaned on the bar, your long hair lying over one shoulder of your sequinned dress. You lolled your head to one side, pushing out your red lips just a little. You weren't drunk yet but you intended to be.

It wasn't an occasion to drink. You weren't sad nor were you happy. It was more like the fact that you were fond of the way the whiskey felt against your throat. So, every once in a while, you would find yourself alone, sitting on the bar stool with a drink in your hand, nodding along to the music of the bar.

The whisky turns down the volume on your thoughts. It brings memories of good times past, and you let yourself dwell in them rather than think. And in that moment you are here and not, existing in two perfect moments. Somehow it steadies you, gives you the resolve to go on.

Where were you in life? It would seem that you had achieved everything you hoped for. This was a question you often asked yourself. You had wonderful grades, an equally wonderful group of friends and a perfect boyfriend. Okay not that perfect though. Speaking of him, things were going absolutely amazing with Damon. All the vampire bullshit had evaporated for the time being. Klaus had run off to New Orleans for some problem he had to deal with. Katherine hadn't been around for awhile. Things had been going fine with Elena as well, she wasn't crying much nowadays. Thank God for that!

You swirled the whiskey in your glass, listening to the chinking of the ice cubes, breathing in a fragrance that only years in an oak barrel can achieve. Yes, you were having an expensive whiskey. Your peaceful stance was broken when a man of about your age, took a seat right next to you. Lifting your face slightly to take a look at him, you noticed that he had a touch of Brad Pitt. His hair was Achilles-gold and coiffed to perfection. His eyes had the same startling clarity as a mountain stream and the lineaments of his face were in perfect proportion to each other. He was gorgeous.

"I don't do this often but oh man, you're pretty." He smiled, his voice a little bit raspy but pleasant for the ears.

You turned fully to look at him and grinned, "Such discerning eyes."

Laughing at your reply, he held out his hand for you to shake, "I'm Aiden."

Lightly shaking his hand, "Y/N." You smiled warmly. "So Aiden, I haven't seen you around before."

"Oh yeah, my family and I just moved to Mystic Falls." He answered. "We wanted to get away from Savannah and considering this town was quiet and peaceful, we shifted here."

Hah! Quiet and peaceful my ass.

"Oh yeah, definitely." You reply, your sarcasm going undetected by him. "Mystic Falls is certainly something."

Aiden gave you a warm smile in return, "So Y/N, what do you do around here normally?"

Taking a sip of your whiskey, "Oh well, I have my university normally but right now it's holidays for me." You grinned at him.

"Ah, that's wonderful." He beamed.

For the next twenty minutes, casual conversation took place. It felt nice to talk to a fellow human. All you were surrounded with mostly were your vampire mates and sometimes you didn't fit in. Aiden was also pretty captivating and he enraptured you with stories the whole time and thus, you immediately connected with him.