i11

imagine Damon is there for you when you feel uncomfortable in the bar
——————

It is a typical Saturday night in the Grill. Tonight's entertainment is an open mic style jam session. Squirming your way through the crowd, Damon and you get seated at the bar ordering your drinks from the bartender. You look over at the crowd. There are at least one hundred people in the Grill, bathing in the dim purple light losing all sense except the music that fills the air.

The jam packed Mystic Grill brings upon you a wave of suffocation. Feeling queasy, you shift yourself on the bar stool unable to find a comfortable position.

Unaware of your distress, Damon rhythmically taps his fingers on the bar counter waiting for the drinks. The heat of the closely knit bodies in the bar begins to trigger your claustrophobia and you suddenly feel ill.

"Damon." You shout, raising your voice so that you're apprehended.

Damon focuses his attention on you and leans over to you from the bar stool. "Yeah?"

"I don't think I feel so good." You mumble, as beads of sweat begin to form on your forehead.

"I didn't catch you." Damon says loudly, a bit confused at your sudden shift in mood from excited to uneasy.

You try to focus on your breathing, but the anxiety bubbles inside your rib cage, you feel sick to your stomach.

"Y/N?" Damon says, concern etched on his creased forehead as he looks at you with furrowed eyebrows and gently places a hand on your shoulder.

You look at him. You were most certainly not a good sight as of right now. Just nodding makes your breaths rapid and shallow. You can feel your pulse pounding in your temples. It's a relief to be sitting, because between the heels and your legs shaking, you're afraid you'll trip.

When you still don't reply, Damon catches on to your situation and immediately realises that the huge crowd has overwhelmed you. He grasps your slightly trembling hand and pulls you up, snaking a strong arm around your waist and pulling you into him for support. Then, he leads you to a secluded corner with less noise. And more importantly, less people.

"Hey," He says, putting a finger under your chin to make you look into his eyes while the other was still wrapped around your waist. "You're fine. It's okay. I'm here." He begins gently, bringing his fingers from under your chin to lightly stroke your hair.

You let out a huge breath and lean forward to rest your head against Damon's chest. One arm still wrapped secure around your waist, Damon's other hand automatically finds its way to your back, rubbing soothing circles onto it.

"Thank you." You breathe out against his chest.

In that moment his arms squeeze a fraction tighter and you breath more slowly, your body melting into Damon's as every muscle loses its tension.

"It's just so many people. And the heat. And it's so loud. It's just-" You whisper, your voice muffled against his shirt.

"Hey, it's alright." Damon murmurs into your ear, interrupting your rambling.

You nod against his chest, your hand wrapped tightly around his back. The both of you stay here for awhile, away from the music, people and congestion. Damon, lightly strokes your hair as you clutch onto his shirt, taking shaky breaths.

As your breaths turn steady, Damon pulls back and stares intently in your eyes, bringing his finger to lightly trace your lower lip. "You okay?" He softly whispers, worried.

"Yeah," You say, a bit embarrassed at the way you were behaving. It was just a little crowd, so what? You shouldn't have started being all fussy about it.

"Come on, let's go home."

"Damon, I-" You begin. "I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me. I ruined our night." You look down sadly.

"Hey," Damon begins, a bit forcefully. "Look at me." He holds up your chin, his baby blue eyes piercing holes through yours. "You didn't ruin anything. Got it? You matter so, so much more than some stupid drinks in a stupid bar, alright?"

Smiling a little, "Alright." You mumble.

"Now come here, you." He smiles, pulling you in for a warm embrace and you let out a sigh of relief knowing you are safe and home in Damon's arms.