i6

imagine you and Damon go on a trip to New York and drink the night away
———————

The city that never sleeps. New York. Out here on the streets, you feel free. To escape the prison-like town of Mystic Falls, Damon and you had come here. Both of you had been yearning to get out for awhile but something always came up. Now here you were, arm in arm, walking down the crowded streets of NYC at night.

"Let's get drunk." You look over at Damon, smirk on your lips and mischief in your eyes. You take out your arm from under his and slide it around his waist, hugging him close. In return, he drapes an arm over your shoulder.

Pulling you closer, "Nah, I don't think so." He says, looking down at you before leaning in to kiss your forehead.

"Who are you and what have you done to my Damon?" You say, poking his chest playfully. When all he offers is a shrug, you begin to speak again. "Damon! Come on. Stop being a buzzkill." You turn your lips into a pout, staring at him through puppy dog eyes.

"Let's not do anything reckless tonig-" He begins with a sigh when,

"Ah! Damon, stop being my dad." You whine, "We are in New York, for God's Sake. We have to get drunk." Emphasising the 'have'.

"I just don't think it's a good idea..." Damon states simply, as he moves closer to your face and strokes your cheek..

"I'm usually the responsible one and you're the daredevil." You complain, removing your hands from around him and crossing your arms. You look at him through furrowed brows, clearly displaying mock anger. "Fine, I'll just enjoy myself."

To lay emphasis on your last statement, you start walking at a quicker pace as his hand drops from your shoulders. You hear him lightly chuckling from behind and in return, you throw him a dirty look over your shoulder.

Before you get any further, Damon catches up, "Okay, you win babe," Raising his hands in defeat. Your face immediately sets into a smile. As he surveys the street, his face turns up in a smirk, " Oo here's a bar." He winks.

He takes ahold of your hand and leads you to the entrance of a bar. A sudden wave of music and humidity sweeps over you as the door opens.

"After you, M'lady." He gestures with his hands for you to enter.

The bar is hundreds of conversations told in loud voices, all of them competing with the rock music that dominates the atmosphere. The crowd is young, students from the university for the most part. Damon winds his way through the warm bodies to order a drink - bourbon. You trail behind him, clutching his black, button down shirt. He sits at bar stool waiting for the bartender to make his way over to you both. You sit right next to him, melting your body in his form.

"I'd like a Jim Beam, neat." Damon says once the bartender has begun taking your orders.

"And I'd like a Jack and Ginger, please." You state loudly over the blasting music.

Once the bartender has given you your drinks, you look over to Damon who has his chin propped up from his arm on the counter and is staring at you intently.

"So....." You begin, not knowing how to start a conversation all the while taking a huge sip of your drink. "What's up?"

"Not much, just admiring your beauty, princess." He smirks.

"I'd like to be called a queen." You say with as much sass you could manage, not forgetting to throw in a hair flip. "But whatever..." You grin at him.

"Okay my Queen." He smirks, lightly ruffling your locks. Chuckling, when you try to smooth them down again. "Our drinks are finished, so what'd ya wanna do?"