i10

imagine Damon meets your parents for the first time
——————

"Hey, it's going to be fine." You smile, putting extra stress on 'fine'.

Damon shrugs. "I don't know." He sighs.

"I'm telling you," You say, bringing your hand up to adjust the collar of his black button down shirt. "It is going to be fine, okay?"

Damon and you had been dating for 3 months now and he hadn't met your parents yet. Your parents were coming to Mystic Falls to attend an important event and you figured that it'd be an amazing opportunity to introduce Damon to your parents. Thus, you invited your parents over to your house for lunch.

"Let's see then." Damon slightly smiles, bringing your hand to his mouth and planting a gentle kiss on it.

You smile sweetly at him. In the spur of the moment, the bell rings, indicating the arrival of the expected guests.

Grabbing Damon's hand, you lead him downstairs. Looking at the mirror on your way one last time, you open the door.

"Mom! Dad!" You grin, engulfing both of them in a hug.

"Y/N! How we missed you." Your mom exclaims.

"Honey, it's only been a week since you last saw her." Your dad laughs, rolling his eyes.

"Let a woman miss her daughter." Your mom chuckles, lightly punching your dad in the shoulder as you laugh.

Damon stands behind you, watching this in amusement. You quickly pass him an encouraging smile.

"Mom, and Dad, this is my boyfriend, Damon." You beam.

Damon steps forward, "Mr Y/L/N, Mrs Y/L/N." He acknowledges both of them before shaking your father's hand. He then takes ahold of your mom's hand and kisses the back of it as she beams at him.

"So we have finally met 'The Damon'." Your dad chuckles, his eyes twinkling.

"Oh yeah, all Y/N does is talk about you." Your mom grins, nudging you with her elbow.

Damon smirks and turns to you as you blush. "Ah, what an honour."

You smile broadly up at him, "Come on, you guys sit in the living room while I quickly set the table."

"Honey do you need help?" Your mom inquires.

"No mom, I'll manage." You say.

As your parents leave the doorway to go to the living room, Damon stays behind.

"Go with them." You lightly shove Damon. "You'll be amazing. I love you." You smile.

He mouths a quick 'I love you' back to you before taking hurried steps to catch up to your parents.

Grinning to yourself, you make your way to the kitchen. Leaning against the kitchen counter, you spot Damon engaged in conversation with your parents. Every minute or so, he leans back to laugh at something your mom said. So far so good. Mentally giving him a thumbs up, you pick up the dishes and head over to the dining table. It takes you five minutes to set the entire table.

Making your way to where Damon and your parents are, you announce, "Guys, lunch is ready."

You lock eyes with Damon and he grins at you. He comes over to you and quickly leans in to kiss your cheek before putting his hand on the small of your back.

Out of the corner of your eye, you spot your parents smiling radiantly at this tiny display of affection. You can tell they've already started to like Damon.