i13

imagine Damon and you are given the responsibility to look over Tyler in his werewolf form and things go wrong
———————

imagine Damon and you are given the responsibility to look over Tyler in his werewolf form and things go wrong———————

The red, gleaming eyes shone brightly in the dark, shadowy forest. Tyler's eyes. Only problem was, it wasn't his human form.

Damon and you were crouched behind a huge tree that was offering a temporary sanctuary to the werewolf on the prowl. When Caroline had texted you both to make sure Tyler didn't escape the forest or hurt anyone, you had reluctantly agreed to take on the task. Though Damon was hesitant to take you along, what with you being a human and all but after much persuading and promises that you'll be with him, he had agreed. I mean it was Tyler after all. Why would our friend hurt us, you had thought. And little did you know.

In the beginning, it went as expected. Tyler's transformation consisted of agonising and excruciating screams as hair began to sprout all over his body. Then came the hands. Tyler's ordinary human hands changed into large, hairy, dangerously clawed hands of a beast. Next, the bones began to snap into new positions and the rest you did not see.

You had buried your face in Damon's chest unable to see any further. Stroking your hair and whispering words of consolation, he had led you behind a giant oak tree. And then you waited. The both of you waited for the transformation to complete.

"Damon." You whispered, lightly tugging at his sleeve.

"Yes babe?" He looked over at you as the both of you stood still, hunched over behind the tree.

"What do we do now?"

Damon stole a glance at the wolf in the forest. "It's going deeper in the forest. We follow him."

Your eyes widened at his words but you nodded all the same.

Damon grasped your hand and taking slow and careful steps, the both of you made your way further towards the creature.

Oblivious to the 180 year old vampire and the human behind it, the werewolf roamed around the forest searching for a prey.

Clinging tightly to Damon, who protectively stayed ahead of you, you treaded carefully on the branches and leaves that lay strewn on the ground.

It went like this for a short while. Damon and you following Tyler deeper and deeper into the woods at the dead of the night. Then suddenly, the wolf uttered a loud, prolonged and mournful cry and the abruptness of it made you gasp out loud. That's when hell froze over. Tyler's werewolf body stiffened and his ears grew more alert.

"Holy shit." Damon whispered to you. "Go behind that tree, Y/N. I'll hold him off."

Wide eyed and frantic, you ran off to sit behind the tree, cursing yourself for your foolishness. Peering carefully from where you were sitting, you glimpsed that the wolf had turned around and spotted Damon. Without wasting a second, Tyler pounced on him, bringing him to the ground. Damon offered strong resistance to the wolf but it was to no avail.

As the wolf opened it's mouth, Damon grabbed a broken branch from besides him and stuck it into Tyler's mouth, momentarily saving himself.

As Damon squirmed to release himself from under Tyler's grip, you began to think of something. He got into this mess because of you and you wanted to be the one to get him out of it.

Meanwhile, the broken branch in Tyler's mouth gradually grew frail as Damon struggled further to gain the upper hand. When the branch finally broke, Tyler let out a loud snarl and dug his claws into Damon's skin causing him to whimper in pain.

Impulsively, you got up from where you were sitting, grabbed a spare branch and ran towards the wolf-vampire heap. Then you jabbed Tyler with the sharp branch causing the wolf to let out a cry. But then, the wolf carefully regained itself and angrier than ever, advanced towards you. You backed away in fear because you had not devised what to do if this happened.

The wolf let out a huge howl and lunged at you. You closed your eyes, waiting for the impact. Nothing happened. Opening one eye at a time, you discovered Damon right in front of you. Now the wolf and Damon were face to face. Damon, then, opened his mouth which revealed his canines as veins begin to form under his eyes.

The wolf, intimidated by this, let out a tiny cry and ran back into the woods.

You let out a sigh of relief, "Damon, are-"

"What the hell were you thinking?" Damon turns around to look at you, absolutely enraged.

"What?"

"I told you to stay behind the tree." His voice was laced with a mixture of fury, disappointment and anxiety.

"You needed hel-"

"You could have been injured. You could have died, Y/N."

"But I didn't."

He sighed. "You promised you'd stay out of trouble."

"Damon, you needed my help." You began, confused at why he couldn't just be grateful.

"You're a human, Y/N." He stated, running his hands over his hair. "I can't protect you this way."

"Hey, nothing happened, alright?"

"But something could've happened."

"But nothing did." You stressed, taking a step towards him and reaching out to hold his shoulders as he looked away. "Look at me." Tilting his chin up, "We are fine."

"Please don't do anything reckless again. It's just-"

"I get it." You smiled at him before slowly engulfing him in a warm hug as your head found it's way towards the crook of his neck.

"I love you." He whispered in your hair.

"I love you.."