i12

imagine that you calm Damon down when he is tremendously angry
———————

"You little piece of-" Damon slams his fist on the coffee table, shattering it into pieces

A weak and helpless Matt, on the ground edges away, incapacitated with fear.

It is an accepted fact that you don't mess with the older Salvatore brother. Damon Salvatore certainly doesn't cope with his anger issues well.

Damon takes a huge step towards Matt, face contorted with venomous outburst as Matt scrambles further away from him, trying to run but failing.

"Damon?" You say confused, stand in the doorway of the living room. You just got here at the Boardinghouse and heard commotion and wanted to check it out.

He stops to look at you with hard staring eyes before switching his angry stare back on Matt. You follow his gaze and your eyes widen. White as a ghost, Matt looks at you, his eyes pleading and slumped in a corner.

Without a second thought, you make your way over to Damon, standing in front of him and placing both of your hands on his heaving chest, in an attempt to prevent him from going near Matt. He looks down to you, perplexed by your actions before fixating his gaze back on the creature whimpering in the corner.

"Step aside, Y/N." Damon says curtly. "I need to deal with this piece of shit first."

"Damon, get a grip." You frown. "Not everything can be resolved in such ways."

"Step aside." Damon repeats sternly. "I don't want you to get hurt in this, Y/N."

He tries to push you aside but you stand firm on your feet. "I'm not going anywhere. Just calm down." You try.

This doesn't seem to faze Damon. He vamp speeds to Matt who is rooted to the ground and slightly shaking. He takes ahold of Matt's collar of his shirt and lifts him easily from the ground.

"You don't ever mess with me." Damon spits with fury as Matt frantically nods. All the colour is drained from Matt's face. Still in Damon's grip, he is shaking tremendously.

Enraged, Damon pulls back his arm and clenches his fingers into fists, his other arm still lifting Matt from the ground. As you realise what he is going to do, you scurry over to where the both of them are and clung tightly onto Damon's arm, refusing to let go even after he tries to shake you off.

He emits a sound of frustration at your movements and let goes of Matt's collar, who looks terrified to death. Damon turns to look at you as you still grab on to his arm.

"Damon, please." You plead with him looking in his eyes as they look anywhere but in yours.

Damon shrugs a little, anger radiating from every inch of his body. Fires of fury and hatred are smoldering in the blue narrowed eyes as he weighs the pros and cons of exacting revenge.

Your hands make their way to his shoulders and you gently rub circles on them, making an effort to calm him down.

Finally, Damon's eyes look at yours and amidst all the rage, you spot a tiny bit of exhaustion. You grab Damon's hand and lead him to one of the couches and surprisingly, he does not hesitate.

"Sit." You command. Slowly but steadily, Damon makes his way over to the couch, running his hands through his hair.

You quickly mouth Matt to 'get out' who frantically nods at you and in an instant, the vampire hating human is gone. Moving your gaze back to Damon, you find him holding his head in his hands.

You sit beside him and put an arm around him, gently kissing the side of his head.

"Y/N, you won't get it."

"Try." You smile, bringing him closer to you.

"Matt 'accidentally' gave away the location of the moonstone." Damon scoffs.

That was bad. Really bad. You wonder why Matt isn't dead yet. "Oh." You manage.

"Ugh, what am I going to do." Damon groans in exasperation. He lifts his face from his hand and turns to look at you. "Should've snapped his neck," Damon says scornfully. "Was already a pain in the ass."

"Hey, come on!" You reply, reaching out to hold his face with both of your hands. "I am sure there are ways to retrieve the moonstone that don't involve killing people."

Damon just shrugs and leans back on the sofa. "I'll figure something out."

"Okay. And I love you." You say, poking his cheek and aiming to lighten up the mood.

Damon looks at you and smiles.

"Say it back." You chuckle, lightly punching him in the chest. "Oh God, you don't love me anymore." You say cheekily, wiping a fake tear from your eyes and bringing a hand to your heart to mock heartbreak.

Damon laughs at this, warm and hearty. You beam at him. "I love you too, beautiful." He smiles, wrapping his arms around you and bringing you closer to him.

You lay your head on his chest as he twirls a piece of your hair around his finger.

"I hate it when you get angry."

Damon looks down at you. "I hate it too, you know." He shrugs. "But it's just- I don't know."

Nodding against his chest you don't speak further about it, knowing it's a talk for some other time. Right now you're just happy that he's finally calm and relaxed and here with you.