Memory's war

POV Kie

"Manerva? Manerva Manerva Manerva Manerva Manerva Manerva MANERVA MANERVA MANERVA! Who is she? Why does she have my last name? Why do I hate myself for even thinking about her?"

"Kie!" Nick snapped at me as he looked me in the eyes. I could feel the tears going down my own face.

"Manerva? Who is she? Why does it feel like I've said her name a thousand times?" Nick didn't answer my question and I knew he didn't have the answer either. I could feel it deep down in side of me something that only clicked because I heard that name, there was something in my head that pound at my brain. That made my heart ache and break into a thousand pieces. I need to know who she is. Next thing I knew I found my self being picked up by Nick.

Before I could even get out of my own head I was sitting at my dining room table with everyone here even Trenton just staring at me from across the room worry writing all over their faces. I couldn't deal with it so I just faced my head down and looked at the swirls of the dark oak wood table my sister had created. Sister? The word bounce in my head and again the name popped its way back up. I hadn't realized how long I had been sitting here just staring at the table beneath me with her name, Manerva, repeating in my head, until I felt the heat of the morning sun shine through the windows. I took a glance at the sun light and I felt it again like it was a clue trying to tell me who she was. I could see it in my head pail pink hair like a silver that slowly changed into a dark pink. A woman in a long white dress so long I could hid from all things when wrapped in it. I could feel her fingers play with my hair and lay a kiss on my temple. I could hear her and Ember giggling together and yelling at me to come play with them.

" I need to know." The words left my mouth before I could even think about it. But someone spoke up before I could question it.

"No." It was Ember who had spoke up against the idea. She had walked through a door she materialized out of thin air. She wore her red dress and hair was pulled behind her head in a bun.

"What are you doing here?" I could feel my voice crack .

"I felt it from miles away. I felt your mind snap open. You don't need to know, of all things to try and remember, this is the one thing you just can't."

"Do you know her? you know who Manerva is?" Ember froze up, she was like a deer caught in headlights.

"Stop it Kie, stop saying her name. It will only hurt you more than it already is."

"You know who she is don't you? Tell me!"

" No!"

"I need this Ember! I need to know why I can feel her soft hugs, why the sun light remind me of her aura, why I remember the sound of her voice and that I felt safe while I hid within her long dress as a child. Why I get this sense of protection every time I think of her! Tell me Ember!" I pleaded to my sister with tears coming down both of our faces.

"I.. I can't I'm so sorry but I can't tell you."

"Why?!"

"Because you can't handle it! You never could! You'll only break down and I can't watch that for a second time. I won't." I stared at her in anger but I could see that she wasn't going to back down. She was determined to not tell me anything, but I could feel it in the back of my head I need to remember her or this would eat me alive.

"Fine then I'll find out myself." I moved to walk away but before I could get past her the ruby gauntlets on her hands showed themselves and I felt a powerful wave of magic come from my sister. It went through my body and threw me back against a wall. I could feel my head swimming and half of my vision had gone fuzzy as I looked to my sister.