Comfort

You pulled away from Alex and you wiped your eyes.

"Thanks. I needed that." you said.

He put his hand on your shoulder.

"No problem. Umm, we'll try to get you back in the cast." Alex assured.

"No. If she doesn't want me, then she got what she wished for. It's over." you said.

"But, it's too late in the game to cut one of the main characters and we don't have time to recast you." Alex said.

"I understand, but I can't take it anymore. I'm done. Now, I think it's best that you go back to rehearsal before you're cut." you said, grabbing his hand.

Alex nodded and understood.

"Okay. I'll go, but just know that this isn't over." he said.

You nodded your head. You both stood up from the bench.

"If you need someone to talk to, you can come to me." Alex said.

You smiled a little.

"Thanks." you said, giving him another hug.

His arms wrap around you. For some reason, it felt like he comforted you like Thomas does. No one can comfort you like your boyfriend. You broke from the hug.

"Oh. I was meaning to tell you this for some time. Congrats on casted in the Scorch Trials movie over the summer." Alex said.

"Thanks." you said.

You walked away and went out to the front parking lot. You started your car and drove home. You got home and popped some popcorn. You put on the Maze Runner in your DVD player. The microwave dinged and your popcorn was done. You put it in a bowl and went back to your room. Tears were falling down your face as you stuffed your face with popcorn. The movie was at the part where Thomas and Gally fight in the circle.

You got up and paused the movie. You went to your phone and tapped on Thomas's contact that was on your favorites list. You hit call and it started to ring. You really hope that you're not disturbing him if he's busy, but you need to hear his soothing, accented voice.

                             Thomas's POV
Ki Hong, Dexter, and I just finished an interview. We walked into Starbucks to get something to drink. Some people recognized us. Ki Hong got iced coffee. Dexter got water. I got sweet tea with lemon. As we were leaving, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I could hear the ringtone. It was 'What Ifs' by Kane Brown, which is the ringtone I had set for y/n.

"Hey guys, stop." I said to them.

They stopped and came back to me.

"What is it?" Ki Hong asked.

I pulled my phone and saw y/n's contact on my screen.

"Awe. You set What Ifs as her ringtone?" Dexter said.

"Yeah, but why is she calling me? Does she have rehearsal?" I wondered.

"What if something happened?" Ki Hong assumed, which made Dexter laugh.

"Ha ha. Very funny, mate." I said to him.

I put my phone to my ear. All I heard was crying.

"Thomas." y/n sobbed.

"What? Love, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked in concern.

I put my phone on speaker, so Ki Hong and Dexter could hear. She was trying to explain, but her sobs were in the way.

"Love, calm down. I don't like hearing you like this." I said to her.

"I got...cut...from the...play." she finally said.

Our eyes widened. She explained what happened and we think that's so uncalled for. If we see this woman at some point, we'll definitely tell her off.