Promposals

Prom is a week away. The theme for this year is an Enchanted Forest. You, Kendra, Gwen, and Emily got tickets and made the plans. You guys went dress shopping this past weekend. It took about two hours, but you all finally said yes to the dress.

Gwen's dress:

Kendra's dress:

Kendra's dress:

Emily's dress:

Y/n's dress:

Since that you guys were going as a group, you're not worried about prom dates

Since that you guys were going as a group, you're not worried about prom dates. Who needs dates when you've got a girl squad? Everything is going according to plan. Until Monday came.

You were walking through the cafeteria when you saw Alex. He was carrying a poster.

"Hi y/n." he said.

"Hey." you said with a smile.

"I wanna ask you something." he said.

"Okay." you said.

Alex turned his poster around and got down on one knee. You were blown away by what he was doing.

The poster said, "What time is it? Prom time! Let's make it a night to remember. May I have this dance?"

You nodded your head and you were about to cry. Alex got up from the one knee and he hugged you. He asked one of his friends to take a picture of you two with the poster.

"We can discuss details later. See ya." Alex said.

He let you keep the poster. When Kendra, Gwen, and Emily saw it, they obviously needed an explanation. After you explained it, they were so happy for you. Even though you're initially going to prom with your best friends, deep down inside you wanted to go with a boy. After school, you and Alex texted each other the plans before going to the dance.

[Three days later]

Prom is tomorrow, as well as Thomas's birthday! You told him that Alex asked you to prom and he didn't mind. You love how realistic and understanding he is.

You were walking through the hallway when you saw someone walking with crutches. As you walked closer, you saw that it was Alex.

"What happened? Are you okay?" you asked him in concern.

"I broke my ankle at the tennis game yesterday. I'm sorry, but I can't go to prom." he explained.

"Well, the important thing is that you recover. I can still go with my best friends." you said.

"Well, I'm really sorry. I hope you still have fun." Alex said, handing you his ticket.

"Thanks." you said, taking the ticket.

Then, you both went in opposite directions. You tried your best not to cry because it was definitely a tough pill to swallow.

The school day ended. You stopped by the grocery store to get Thomas's cupcake, then went home. You tapped on his contact and FaceTimed him. He was surprised that you did the same thing like he did for you. You told him about what happened with your prom date.

Thomas left you with a cliffhanger when he hung up. He told you to still be ready for the dance.

'Could he? No, that can't be possible? Or is it?' you thought.

[Prom night]

You were all dolled up and ready for a big night out. You walked out into the living room and saw Thomas in a suit and a poster in his hands. It had ivy vines around the edges and the writing was in calligraphy.

It said: "I, Newt would like to escort you, Kelsey to your senior prom. It will be a-MAZE-ing!"

You couldn't believe this. He flew across the ocean last minute to take you to prom. You nodded your head vigorously as happy tears rolled down your face.