Pomp and Circumstance

Your family did a very quick clean up before leaving. You grabbed your graduation attire and your suitcase. You, Thomas, and Dexter have to hop on a plane to South Africa to start filming the Death Cure right after your graduation ceremony. Everyone got in their cars and drove to the graduation arena. When you guys got there, you and your friends went in right away. Your family had to wait until it was time to go in.

The boys and girls were in separate rooms. After everyone got dressed in their attire, they just sat around and had some snacks that the teachers provided. Some of the popular/annoying girls came up to you and asked why you had a big luggage. When you told them that you're going to South Africa to film the Death Cure movie, they didn't believe you. You didn't care because this is the last hours that you'll put up with their immature nonsense.

Emily, Kendra, and Gwen sat with you. You couldn't believe how awesome you all looked. All four of you took a group picture. You put it on your Snapchat story and you captioned it "Well, we started this together, we may as well end it that way too." You loved that Newt gets to say that line and how the script writers included that point.

You were growing more and more anxious by the minute. This is the moment that you've been waiting for twelve years. It all comes down to this. You have had the time of your time at this school and you wouldn't want it any other way. You took a moment to reminisce all of the good and bad things that have happened during these past four years. There will be a lot of things that you will miss and remember for the rest of your life. However, there are some things that you won't miss at all.

"Y/n? Y/n? Hello, earth to best friend?" Gwen said.

"Y/N!" Emily said, clapping her hands in front of your face.

You were knocked out of your thoughts.

"Huh? What?" you asked.

"You were in your own world. Are you okay?" Kendra said, eating a snack.

"Yeah. I was just thinking of all the awesome and not so awesome things that happened during our time." you explained.

The four of you went through and said the favorite and least favorite things that happened during the high school years.

Mrs. Tanner, the assistant principal came into the girls room.

"Okay, everyone. We need to get in alphabetical number by last name, then we'll all be walking for the ceremony." she said.

The girls did as instructed. You and your friends were separated from each other in the line because of the last name thing. Once everyone was in order, you all went out into a long hallway. The girls were on the right side and the boys were on the left side. Mrs. Tanner and Mr. Rockwell, the other assistant principal, put the boys in between the girls by last name.

Everyone was in order and ready to graduate. You were getting more excited and jittery. A big door opened, revealing the big graduation room. It was as big as a college basketball court. There were A LOT of people sitting in the bleachers. The assistant principals gave the cue for the first person in line to walk out. You looked at all the faces looking down at the graduating class. It was very hard to try to find your family out of that big sea of people.

The band was playing the graduation song, Pomp and Circumstance. Everyone walked around the edge of the room. then went near the stage to their assigned seats. After about twenty minutes, all of the seniors walked out and sat in their assigned seats. When everyone was seated, the principal came out and stood at the podium. He gave a small speech about how this graduating class is very special because you guys are the next decade of graduates and how he couldn't be more proud of each and every senior.

Now, comes the fun part. Each person gets to walk across the stage and receive their diplomas. The row that you were sitting in started to stand up and walk over to the stage. The boy in front of you went walked across the stage, got his diploma, and walked back to his seat.

Now, it's your turn.

"Y/n M/n L/n." Mrs. Tanner announced.

That's your cue to walk onto the stage. You had a big smile on your face.

There were some cheers from the people watching the ceremony. You walked to your principal and he gave you your diploma. You also shook his hand during that transaction. You walked across the stage and back to your seat. When you sat down, you admired your diploma and were doing your best to hold back tears. You were so proud of yourself.

You took video of Gwen, Kendra, and Emily going across the stage and receiving their diplomas.

It took about forty five minutes to an hour for everyone to walk across the stage. Your principal talked for a few more minutes. Now, it's time for the moment we've all been waiting for. All of the seniors stood up and took off their caps.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present to you...the y/school/n Class of 2020!" he announced.

Everyone threw their caps up into the air and every single person in the room cheered for the seniors.

You and your friends shared another group hug. Then, you went out to find your family, Thomas, and Dexter. You found them and jumped into their arms. Everyone wanted pictures, of course. Then, you all had to leave.

You, Thomas, and Dexter went to the airport to catch the flight to South Africa.