A Leap of Faith

Alex's POV

*Start of Dream*

I'm onstage, all miked up, and I had my Troy costume on. The lights were all on me, but the auditorium was empty. Not a soul.

Then, someone else walks out onstage. It's a girl, she was miked as well. I recognized her. It's...y/n!

She's softly singing to herself. I stand up from my chair and started to walk over to her. I was about to say something, but she started to sing louder. She sang a verse of 'Gotta Go My Own Way.' Then, I stepped in, like Troy.

A: What about us? What about everything we've been through?

Y: What about trust?

A: You know I never wanted to hurt you.

Y: What about me?

A: What am I supposed to do?

Y: I gotta leave, but I'll miss you.

I looked down at our interlocked hands. We make eye contact, then her hands slipped out of mine.

"Y/n...please. Don't leave. Theatre won't be the same without you." I call out.

"It won't make any difference. I've been practically invisible ever since freshman year. It's not fun for me anymore." she says out to the empty auditorium.

Y/n walks back to me. She takes a necklace off and places it in my hand. It has a theatre charm on it.

"Sometimes, promises are meant to be broken." she said.

Tears swelled up in her eyes. I had tears in my eyes too.

Then, she ran off stage and the lights dimmed. Darkness was the last thing I saw.

*End of Dream*

I jerked myself awake from that dream. Sweat was dripping down my face, so I got up to splash some water on my face. I looked at myself in the mirror.

"You know what? This has to stop. How can a teacher bully a student like her? It's not fair. I need to help y/n out." I said to my reflection.

I looked down in the sink and squeezed my eyes.

'Most of all...I need to tell her how I feel about her. I need to take a leap of faith.' I thought to myself.

[A few days later, spring break has ended]

I'm walking through the hallways of school, trying to find y/n. Then, I see her walking down into the Math hallway. I decided to follow her, but kept a reasonable distance, so that it doesn't look like I'm stalking her. I saw her walk down the Art hallway.

Here goes nothing.

                                  Y/n's POV
You felt someone walk up to you. You looked up and saw that it was Alex.

"Hey y/n. Do you mind if I had a word?" he asked.

You took your headphones out of your ears. "Sure. What's up?" you asked.

Alex sat down next to you. He looked into your eyes, then took a deep breath.

"I have feelings for you." he admitted.

You were surprised and didn't know how to respond.

"Well I'm fluttered, but I'm sorry. I already have a boyfriend." you admitted.

You could tell that he was disappointed.

"If you don't mind by asking, who is he?" Alex asked.

"His name is Thomas. He plays Newt in the Maze Runner series. We met at my callback for the Scorch Trials movie." you explained.

"Oh. Well, I just wanted to get off my chest." Alex said, then stood up.

"It's okay. Can I tell you something too?" you said.

Alex turned back around. "What's that?" he questioned.

"I used to have a crush on you before I met Thomas." you admitted.