Prologue

-=-
The air was thick and stuffy, the sounds were loud and obnoxious to the young, seventeen-year-old boy as bodies flung themselves left and right. Arms waving frantically in the air as the beat dropped once again, suffocating the boy in a warm hug of sweat and anxiety. Zak pushed his way through the crowd, sighing as he left the house to breathe, running a hand through his fluffy, black hair, not realizing how cold he really was.

He sighed, just wanting to go home before rubbing his eyes and questioning himself once again, why did he even come here?

Oh right, Dave.

He looked back inside through the open window, instantly spotting the older brunette, dancing and grinning as though it was the best thing to ever happen. Despite going to the parties often, Dave still couldn't get over the thrill of it. Zak groaned, rubbing his eyes tiredly with the palm of his tanned hands, Dave not only convinced him to come to this sickening event but he was also the boy's only way home as he didn't know his way back.

"What a terrible night," The raven-haired teenager muttered, staring at the ground below before shaking violently and covering his head with his arms, protecting himself with his legs as he curled into a ball. He was done. He was lost. He was lied to. He had completely given up. He sat there in the suffocating doorway before huffing as he took a sharp breath, standing up 'confidently' and striding down the street. He'd just have to walk. His head was pounding from the few alcoholic drinks he had drunken and his whole world was spinning as he took those steps that could lead to his doom. He surged forwards, attempting to get away from the haunting house behind him and away from the stupid party that would ultimately ruin him.

'Why would anything change? Why did I think he would change?' Zak thought, biting his lip slightly as he broke down in the middle of the street. He looked around, noticing the few other people from the party who would judge him and left to find a place to cower for awhile. He narrowed his eyes for a second as he tried to focus on a building close to him with tall pillars and dim lights and a few big letters on the front but in his drunken state he couldn't decipher the complete word.

'That'll work,' he thought as he rushed towards the building, opening the door and sitting on the floor next to it, leaning against the wall as he coughed loudly and painfully. The cold was getting to him.

It was around ten minutes of pure silence and bliss, Zak had fallen into a slumber like state. He was almost asleep yet he could still see the world around him, he just couldn't understand it. Objects became blurs and the patterns became distant memories as his head fuzzed. 'Where the fuck am I?'

-=-