Chapter 9

The older male stopped the car in front of the campus, grabbing his keycard for entry. He quickly put it through the machine which registered him and drove to the car park for the campus. As the car stopped, he noticed the other boy was sleepy and almost dozing. He smiled softly before shaking the other gently, not wanting to scare him. He knew, personally, what it was like to wake up in a car and sometimes it was a bit disorientating, especially when he wasn't fully asleep. Zak yawned quietly, like a little kitten, before turning slowly to face the other and moaning quietly, "D-Darrylllll, what time is it?"

The brunette found the other's sleepiness cute and forgot the question entirely until he realised that the raven-haired boy wanted something, "Oh sorry, Zak. Could you repeat that?"

He heard Zak giggle softly, before stretching.

"I asked what time it is," Zak said, slightly more awake now.

"Oh, it's 2:04 am."

Zak nodded as Darryl urged him to get out of the now parked car, Darryl rushing out as well as he nodded to himself. Curse Skeppy for being so cute. He grinned as Zak began to walk before catching up to him after locking his car. Zak smiled back as they entered the tall building, hoping they wouldn't run into anyone. Just their luck, they didn't and the two soon found themselves outside Zak's dorm room door. Zak fumbled with his keys, huffing as he finally found the right one.

"I'm gonna get some clothes, stay here, okay?" Zak mumbled, running a hand through his raven coloured hair.

"Alright then, muffin," Darryl spoke softly, "I'll wait here for you." 

Zak nodded before rushing off to his room to hurry with the packing, just wanting to go to Darryl's dorm already. It was probably a lot cleaner than his anyways. Zak sighed thinking of Darryl, it had only been a week yet he truly trusted this male with his life. Maybe one day he'd be able to explain himself but for now, this was worth everything. This friendship was the best thing to happen to Zak. Darryl stopped in front of Skeppy's couch, sitting on it as he waited for the other to pack quickly, he could hear things being thrown around in the other's room and he was beginning to get curious. He chuckled as the other ran out the door, panting as he lifted the backpack into the air.

"I got it," Zak giggled, standing up properly as Darryl stood up too and moved towards the other. Darryl smiled politely taking the others bag, which surprised Zak, "Oh, thanks, Darry!"

"Darry?" Darryl paused for a second as the other's face grew red with embarrassment. "Cute, does that mean I can call you Zakky?"

"No dude, don't start with that name," Zak blushed further as he giggled, hiding his face in the sleeve of his hoodie whilst he waited for it to calm down and go back to its usual temperature and colouration. "Besides Darry is actually shorter than your name, Zakky is a whole syllable longer!"

Darryl laughed along with the other before coughing out a breath as Zak locked his door, "Well, I'll find something cute to call you too, muffin, promise."

Zak smirked as he replied, looking at Darryl from the corner of his eye, "Take your time with that, dude."

After around ten minutes of joking around and coming up with weird yet cute nicknames, the two boys finally ended up in front of Darryl's dorm room. Not really caring that they probably woke up half the dormitory at 2:37 in the morning. Zak threw himself on the couch as soon as they arrived, the excitement finally dying down as he was left tired and clingy. He smiled as he slurred his words slightly, making his pitch higher as he threw a small tantrum, "Darry! Come cuddle me and watch a filmmmmm!"

Darryl sighed with a smile before shaking his head, signalling to the other to wait for a minute. The taller male walked into his own room, grabbing some fluffy black pyjama bottoms and a plain white t-shirt before going into his bathroom and changing. Zak heard the other go through drawers and took the initiative to quickly change into some comfier clothes. He quickly changed into his grey pyjama shorts and pastel blue hoodie before laying back down on the couch, he grinned as he heard the other get closer.

"Zak, move your legs."

Zak grinned, shaking his head, "No, I'm comfy, Darry."

Darryl grew slightly flustered before shaking it off, "So? It'll be comfier if I can actually sit on the couch!"

"Not for me!" Zak argued back childishly, sticking his tongue out as though he had won.

"Well," Darryl began, turning around and pretending to walk off into his room, "Guess you don't get cuddles."

Darryl smirked as he heard the other shuffle from behind him, and listened as the other whined loudly, "Nooo, please come back! I want cuddles and a movie!"

Darryl chuckled as he sat down next to the childish younger, he really was like a 5-year-old sometimes, the thought make Darryl laugh harder and Zak to huff in reply.

"So, cutie, what do you want to watch?" Darryl spoke naturally and void of most emotion, which made Zak confused and flustered at the same time. Darryl's goal was to make Zak as flustered as possible as the other was extremely cute when he blushed and got embarrassed.

"I- Uh," Zak stammered over his words before quickly clearing his throat, "Let's just watch uh- That?"

Zak pointed to a certain film that caught his eye and Darryl nodded in agreement, "Alright then, sounds good to me... Wait here a second."

Zak watched as the other left the room before coming back with a fluffy black blanket and threw it over Zak before sliding in beside him, leaving an arm around the other's shoulder. Zak blushed lightly as he got comfier, leaning his head against the other's chest. Maybe they were just friends for now but who said that couldn't change?

'If only he knew.'