Chapter 3

Zak woke up next to the french brunet, who was currently playing Minecraft on his Xbox. He sat up fully, rubbing his eyes.

"Morning, Vince," he spoke combing his hands through his hair as a way to settle after realising he was next to someone, who only recently befriended him again.

"Yeah, morning sleepyhead," Vincent spoke with an amused tone, eyes still glued to the tv screen as he built a house.

Zak yawned, stretching his arms out before watching the other play for a few minutes.

"You should get ready, you've got Maths first, right?" Vincent asked, despite already knowing the answer, "There should be some clothes in my draw that might fit you. They may be a bit big though, shorty."

"Shut up, I'm older than you, kid!" Zak shrieked as he left the room and Vincent giggled to himself, also standing up to get changed but not before saving his world.

"That makes it worse," Vincent laughed harder, going to his closet to find something to wear.

Zak huffed as he pulled out a black hoodie and some black sweatpants to go with it from the other's drawers and went to the bathroom to get changed.

After a few minutes he was done and came out to see Vincent looking through some books, he had changed into some light grey sweatpants and a plain black T-shirt and had gotten some black trainers on.

"Ehhhh, it'll do," Vincent muttered as he put one of the books into his bag. "Oh Zak, you look alright for once, must be my clothes. Do you want to borrow a backpack? And some pens, you don't have any on you."

"If you don't mind, Vince," The tanned boy spoke gently as he fiddled with the black hoodie strings nervously whilst the other picked up another backpack from the back of his closet. "How am I supposed to deal with Dave today?"

"I'm sure he'll be too hungover to even function." Vincent joked, grabbing a comb from his desk and quickly brushing his hair.

"I guess," Zak muttered, letting out a sigh as he pulled on his shoes from last night, they would have to do. "What time is it, Vincent?"

Vincent thought for a second before actually checking the time, "8:25, you have like ten minutes to get to the classroom. If you run you'll make it."

Vincent grinned holding out the packed backpack and Zak gasped, grabbing it and rushing out the door. Maths for Zak was on the whole other side of the school whereas Vincent's class was around 5 minutes away. Vincent laughed, grabbing a fruity cereal bar out of the cupboard before he locked the door behind him.

-=-

Darryl smiled, convinced he had the other boy figured out. Zak Carder, was from Form Invaded, a somewhat new form to the school. Leader of the baseball team and total hottie.

Darryl smiled at his brilliant analysing skills before he checked the time 7:24am.

"Great, at least wait till 8 before leaving," He sighed as he pulled out a quick outfit, dark grey hoodie, black graphic T-shirt with a creeper on and some black skinny jeans. He shrugged as he looked in the mirror and quickly combed his hair and left to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. He smiled as he immediately felt better and went back to his desk, checking through his PowerPoint once again before sending it off to his English teacher.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe I actually got the whole project done in one night, especially being interrupted by... Zak," Darryl paused as he thought about the younger, why was he so intriguing? Darryl shook his head checking the time again. Only ten minutes had passed! Darryl groaned, just wanting the day to start before deciding on just reorganising his pencil case. As soon as he finished he looked up to check the time once again. 8:00am, good enough. He stood up, quickly putting the pencil case back in his bag and rushing out his dorm, locking the door behind him and walking to his first class. Computing. He smiled as he sat down in his seat, turning on the school computer and opening up his work. As he waited for the teacher to enter he added some quick and funny vocals to his work and played it back.

"Fish in a bucke-"

"Darryl, g'morning."

"Oh, good morning, Ms Thompson," Darryl spoke, quickly pausing his work and becoming somewhat flustered.

"How long have you been here for?" The old teacher asked, taking a sip from her coffee.

"Since 5 past, didn't have anything to do so I came early," He smiled politely before turning to his work and continuing, "Hope you had a good sleep, Ms."

The teacher paused, checking the time before answering back as she scrolled through her emails, "Thank you, Darryl."

'I wonder if she knows Zak?'

"Umm, hey miss?"

"Yes, Darryl?"

"Do you know who Zak Carder is?"

Everything was silent for a few minutes as he awaited an answer.

"Yes, he's quite an energetic boy, but also very nervous. I think somethings wrong with him in all honesty, Darryl. Why? Is he bothering you?"

Darryl thought on her reply, guess he's one of the bad kids, how come he'd never heard of him though? He mustn't be that bad, "Nothing like that, I just ran into him somewhere unexpected and I wanted to talk to him again."

The teacher hummed in acknowledgment, she wasn't too happy to talk about Zak, one time he somehow snuck glue into the classroom and spilt it on three keyboards, didn't tell anyone about it and then the keys were extremely stiff and had to be thrown out and she had to buy new ones, which all the classes fought about when she first introduced them. He snuck glue into a music classroom. She huffed as she remembered, "Stay away from that kid, Novescoch. He's a nuisance."

Darryl sighed, 'If he's such a nuisance why does he interest me so much?'