Chapter 20

Zak was surprised when Vincent explained he had no idea who the person was and that they'd have to invite them out tomorrow to see if they're suitable for friendship. the raven-haired Male didn't really mind meeting up with the other, it was just awkward to be the first to talk to him. But if he was really that curious about him, it'd have to be done soon before the other kids claim him.
It took two days to find the new kid, and Zak was constantly on lookout for him, it was stressing the young boy out. Not only that but he lost the game that night and he was being teased for that as well. Maybe he should just stop trying... Why did he want to talk to the new kid again? Oh wait, never-mind. He let out a heavy sigh before becoming quickly frustrated and banging his head against the desk, disrupting the rest of his class immensely. He just stayed there, his head lay into the desk and his arms protecting it as he tried to think but couldn't. The loud chatter of the class as the teacher tried to calm them down after his disruption was all Zak could hear. Darryl sighed, tapping the others back three times, letting him know to meet him outside to have a quick chat. Zak shook his head from where he was, he didn't want Darryl to see him right now. The older let out a sigh whispering in Zaks ear quietly, not really wanting to interrupt the teacher any further.

"Is it the science problem? If it helps the answer is-"

Darryl was hushed by the boy, Zaks finger in front of the others lips to get him to shut up, "It's not anything. I'm just- I'm just not feeling good today."

"Come outside." Darryl stood up, grabbing both his and Zak's bags before leaving the classroom. Zak huffed as Mega laughed at the slightly older.

"Shut up, Mega. You suck," Zak hissed, leaving the classroom as well.

Darryl pulled the other into a hug before looking down at him to speak properly, "Are you okay, baby? You've been out of it for the past three days."

"I-"

'Has it really been three days?'

"Well, there's just- Uh something going on at the moment," Zak whispered softly, not exactly wanting the other to hear him.

"Well, What is it? Maybe I can help you, cutie."

"Uh," Zak tried to think of a problem quickly, before blurting out the second next best thing, "I- I used to have an eating disorder."

"W-what?" Darryls breath was cut short as Zak stepped back a second.

"Yeah and uh, I've not been feeling good recently because I just feel like I've not properly Uh, well recovered, you know?"

Zak tried his best to hold it in, he was kind of telling the truth as well as lying at the same time and the pressure was hurting his head. Darryl kisses the others forehead softly and hugged him.

"I'm so proud of you for telling me," Darryl muttered to the younger, not realising that his words meant so much right now, despite it not being the original problem it still felt good to get it off his chest, "If it helps, you're the most perfect thing on this planet. I wouldn't change you for the world."

Zak sighed softly, grabbing Darryl's hand, "I wanna go back in."

"Are you sure, Zak? You've just told me something really important and you seem shaky."

"But I feel a lot better. So we can go back."

"I didn't know you were so into radioactivity, cutie." Darryl teased as he kissed the others cheek one last time before entering the classroom once more.

At lunch, the trio sat together as usual, Vincent bearing exciting news for the younger.

"So I found the boy! He's in my form, his name's Clay but he prefers to be called Dream."

"Oh?"

"Yep andddd, I invited him to sit with us today!"

"Wait what?" Zak almost shouted out loudly before realising how much attention they'd receive for that so opted to just loud talking.

"Yep! Oh look there he is!" Vincent stood up and waved the slightly older over to the trio. Darryl not really commenting on the youngers conversation as he was a bit busy studying for one of his upcoming tests, that he had missed all the lessons of that class in because he was with Zak.

Clay grinned as he sat next to Vincent, eating some of his apple whilst he listened to the younger introduce him.

"Dream this is Skeppy, Skeppy this is Dream. I met him online two years ago and he recently moved states to be closer to his relatives."

"Yeh, that's me, uh good to meet you, Skeppy."

"I- Nice yo meet you too, Dream. And this is-"

"BadBoyHalo, I know," Dream chuckled, leaving Skeppy a bit lost. "Hey, you know what? We should all hang out tonight!"

Vincent and Darryl both agreed before turning to Zak to see what he was going to do.

"You know actually, I think the coach wanted to talk to me tonight. Sorry guys."

"Aw it's ok muffin, you can come next time!"

"Yeah," Dream agreed excitedly, he was happy to finally have a friend group where he fit in somewhere, sure he kind of felt like a fourth wheel and a bit out of place but that was to be expected when you're new to a school... or new to anything in general now that he thought about it.

The four just talked all lunch, getting to know each other and making stupid jokes and memes along the way until they had to go separate ways.

After school, Zak went immediately to his dorm instead of waiting for Darryl or Vincent like he usually would. He slammed his door shut and locked it tightly, not wanting anyone to see him right now. He sat grumpily on his couch and turned on his tv, not exactly wanting to do anything anymore, he sighed as he grabbed his phone and called someone, just needing to vent before he did anything.

One ring.

Two rings..

"Hello?"

"Techno!"

"Oh Skeppy! What's up?"

"Right So Uhh, listen am I just being an annoying friend or am I really being left out? Like you know the new kid?"

"Dream, right?"

"Yeah! Him... well, he's started hanging with Vincent because apparently they knew each other online, right?"

"Uh huh?"

"So now they're all hanging out after school today and when I told them I didn't want to come they didn't even care. I- I'm sorry. I've realised how stupid I'm being I just-"

"You want me to come over, Skep?"

"I- mhm."

Zak sniffled, and the other let out a sigh before speaking up, "Well, I'm on my way now then, get a movie ready for when I get there."

"Okay, I'll see you soon Techno."

"See you."