Chapter 29

"Wait what? Zak?" Darryl rolled from the couch and moved to the doorway, pushing Callahan out the way and kissing Zaks cheek lightly, "What are you doing here? In only my hoodie, a shirt and some shorts? I mean I missed you but like, is everything okay? You seem upset."

"I- I need you home really, really bad. Like a lot and I got locked out, the door auto locked and I'm so sorry for ruining your hang out but I- I- please..." Zak sobbed into the sleeves of 'his' hoodie, tears flowing down his cheeks as Darryl rushed forward to hug him.

"Callahan you don't-"

"Go ahead, go home, loser. I'll just call Clockyy to come over or something," Callahan smirked shutting the door behind Darryl. The brunette sighed picking the younger up easily and carrying him in his arms, the raven-haired boy wrapped his arms around Darryl's neck so he wouldn't fall.

"I love you so much," Darryl whispered into Zak's ear carefully, "But please tell me how you got locked out, babe?"

Zak kissed Darryl's cheek, "I'm sorry but I- I needed more warmth and I didn't wanna ruin your bed or anything so I went to get some from my dorm but your door auto locked and I got locked outside and I'm so sorry!"

"Why are you so stressed, baby?"

"I- I'm not stressed. Who said I was stressed? Not me, that's for sure."

Darryl chuckled nuzzling Zak's neck lovingly, "I don't need anyone to tell me if you're stressed or not."

Zak hummed into Darryl's neck, hiding his face in his neck  and kissed his cheek.

"Okay, Zak, let me ask you something?"

"Uh-huhhhh?"

"Why are you so stressed?" Darryl asked, opening his door awkwardly still holding onto Zak as he opened his bedroom door and placing him on his bed.

"Well... Uh I'm having troubles with-"

"You got kicked off the baseball team."

Zak paused, taking in what Darryl said, "How... How did you know?"

"Dave told me but I- You seemed out of it anyways... Sorry for being too pressuring."

"No it's okay, I- I just wasn't really ready to tell you yet. I didn't know how you'd react and I'm super sorry I won't be popular anymore and I'm really sorry!"

"Wait, Wait, wait, you muffin! Why are you apologising? It's not your fault, honey, I promise," Darryl spoke softly calming the panicked younger, "Is this- is this because of your mom? I know you're upset, but it's okay, I want you to share things with me."

"Can we do one secret each? I'll tell you about me and you tell me about you, right?"

Darryl nodded, "I'll start then. My parents work in a different state."

"My dad doesn't exist and he hasn't since birth."

"Sorry to hear, I really wanted a dog when I was younger."

"The only friend I had when I was younger was a dog."

"Before I wanted to be a baker, I wanted to be a teacher."

Zak looked excited and amused by this fact, "No wonder you're so good at teaching me! I- Okay So um this ones personal, the only reason I started baseball was to make my mom pay attention to me."

Darryl's eyes widened as he frowned slightly, pulling the other into a side hug, "You shouldn't pursue dreams that aren't yours, Zak. Here I'll even help you with what you want to do!"

Zak nodded, smiling at the acceptance from the other, he kinda believed that Darryl would hate him for some reason maybe even shout and hit him but the warmth of Darryl's smile taught him otherwise. Darryl looked at Zak once more with those kind eyes.

"Ok enough sadness, it's tickle time."

"Wait wha- haHaHAHHAHA!" Zak burst into laughter as Darryl attacked his sides, his chest and body radiating with love and happiness.

"Okay, okay I'll stop!" Darryl giggled as Zak turned and began to tickle him, "But you have to stop too!"

"Nu-uh, you got me more!"

Zak stopped when Darryl grabbed both of his hands, kissing them both, "You know what, put some shoes on. We're going on a walk."

"Okie dokie, where are we heading?"

"It's a surprise, Hun."

Darryl grinned as Zak pulled on his trainers, flopping backwards onto the bed once he had done.

"Actually wait, I want my jeans back."

Zak took off his shoes and grabbed his jeans rushing to the bathroom leaving Darryl to laugh in the bedroom weirdly at the younger's stupidity?

"Alright, Darry! Let's get going!"

Darryl nodded reaching for Zaks smaller hand, grasping it in his own, smothering the others cheek with kisses as he grabbed his keys and phone.

"I love you."

"But I love you more."