Chapter 27

Darryl smiled as he finished studying for the day. It was a Saturday, 11am. He let out a big stretch as he entered the living room/kitchen. He walked casually over to the kitchen, grabbing a pack of bacon from the fridge, two eggs some butter and some vegetables before placing them on the side. He grabbed two frying pans from the designated cupboard before placing them on the hob. The brunette carefully drowned one pan in vegetable oil as he turned on the job before placing some bacon on the empty pan. He cracked an egg and landed it on the vegetable oiled frying pan before pulling out four pieces of gluten free bread and buttering them and placing them on two seperate plates equally. Quickly he diced the carrots and cucumber into cubes and evenly spread them on the two plates as well as lettuce and tomatoes before grabbing the fried egg and placing it on one plate as he cracked another egg into the oil. He grinned as the egg and bacon finished placing them on the two plates carrying the two plates to his coffee table in front of his couch.

On his small couch lay Zak, curled into his side and his head propped against a cushion on the armrest, smothered by the fluffy white blanket Dream brought him earlier. Darryl sighed softly, enjoying the peace and quiet whilst it lasted until eventually he realised the bacon and egg would get cold so he gently woke Zak up.

"Hey little muffin, I made breakfast for us," Darryl mumbled into Zak's ear who stirred and sat up, covering his mouth as he coughed on the way. "Oh, that doesn't sound very good. Are you okay you muffin?"

Zak nodded, rubbing his eyes and moving his legs into himself so Darryl could sit down, Darryl sighed softly, sitting down next to the younger handing him his plate as he placed his own on his knees.

"I bet you've caught my illness, baby."

Zak nodded as he sniffled, picking up a fork and eating some carrots, soon the two boys were finished, Darryl eating all of it whereas Zak only ate half, "I'm tired."

"Haven't you been asleep all night? I'll put on a film and leave the remote with you whilst I go shopping, okay?" Darryl smiled, ruffling his hand through Zak's hair before grabbing the plates and putting them in the sink. He kissed the top of Zaks head as the raven-haired boy lay down snuggling into the blankets. Quickly he turned the TV on and went to leave.

"I love you, babe. Remember to keep hydrated, I should be back soon so don't worry."

"Uh-huh, just go, you're being noisy," Zak whined tiredly.

Darryl chuckled as he left the dorm, his car keys, phone and wallet stuffed tightly into his coat pockets. He grinned as he walked down the corridor, listening out to hear shuffling from inside the dorms until suddenly one specific door opened in front of him and he stopped to greet the man.

"Morning, BadBoyHalo," Dave spoke in his usual morning tone, leaning against the doorway slightly. "How's Zak holding up?"

"Good morning, Techno. Holding up? From what?" Darryl questioned curiously, running a hand on his nexk

"You mean he didn't tell you?" Dave asked, confusion obvious in his eyes, "Maybe you've not seen Zak but last night he was a complete mess, he got kicked from the baseball team."

Darryl stood in shock for a minute, his head trying to wrap around that fact, as he realised what that meant for Zak, "Are you serious? No jokes?"

"No jokes, I wasn't there when it happened but I was there afterwards. I was getting changed because my practice was after his, our field was filled with teenagers so we had to go there... Anyways, he came into the room crying like ten minutes before practice was over."

"No way! Last night he met up with Dream on the rooftop!"

"Dream?"

"The new kid. You two should hang sometime, but yeah, him and Zak met up on the roof last night and talked, I wasn't told what though and apparently Zak slept on the roof too and I think he's ill."

"Oh man, he doesn't seem to be taking it well, uh tell him to get better for me, I have to go visit my little sisters for the weekend so I won't see you guys till Tuesday."

Darryl nodded as he walked quickly toward the stairs, rushing down them as to hurry up his trip, knowing this new information made Darryl worry for the younger's mental health as well as happiness, was Zak gonna be okay or was Darryl overreacting? Darryl huffed as he started his car, driving cautiously out of campus before speeding to the local supermarket. He did a quick speed shop buying a few simple meals, some painkillers and a few more necessities before quickly paying and rushing to get back to his dorm and care for his sad and sick boyfriend... The brunette opened the trunk of his car looking at the free completely full bags as he wondered how the heck he was going to carry them upto his dorm. Darryl huffed as he picked up the bags and awkwardly locked his car, having to put one bag down so that he could hold his keys. Once he had locked his car he, put the keys in his mouth and picked up the remaining bag. He groaned from the weight as he carried his bags up the stairs, almost dropping one of them on the way and as he reached the senior dorms he saw someone talking to Zak from his door.

"Uh, excuse me can I help you?" Darryl spoke, his voice muffled through the keys, Zaks eyes widened as he quickly took the bags off of Darryl and went to tidying them away so his boyfriend could deal with this kid. Darryl thanked Zak as he pulled the keys from between his lips, careful not to drop them.

"Bad, Hey! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later today?"

"Oh, really? We've not hung out in ages."

"I know! That's why I want to, so what do you say?"

Darryl gulped as he looked into the dorm, noticing Zaks confusion of where to put each item, before he turned around and nodded at the brunette, "Uh later, you said? Sure, I guess."

"Alright cool, see you later, Bad."

"See you, Callahan," Darryl said as he entered the dorm and helped Zak with the groceries, "That's Callahan by the way, have you ever met him?"

Zak shook his head, "Not really, I might have passed him in the halls now and again but, yeah."

Darryl nodded as he put away the last item before feeling Zak's head for a temperature making Zak giggle.

"Hey, Darry, what are you doing?" He giggled out, pushing the others hand away.

"I'm seeing how hot you are."

"Well, I am very hot, in more ways than one," Zak grinned as he winked at the other who swatted his little colloquium away.

"Yes you are, Zak have you got a headache though? You flinch every time I," Darryl paused for a second going next to Zaks ear before shouting, "Get louder!"

"Ow! What was that for?" Zak pulled away from the laughing boy as he held his ear and the side of his head.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist, cutie. I bought you some medicine anyways," Darryl muttered through his small chuckles as he pulled a box of pills out of his cupboard, "Here, get some water and we can watch movies on the couch?"

"And snuggle?"

"And snuggle."

Zak loved being ill, even if it hurt his head a bit.