Chapter 6

Darryl sighed as he muttered under his breath, this was one of the many flaws of not going outside often, "Am I supposed to get changed when I go out? I mean it's not like we're doing anything too fancy, they said we're going to a cafe, right?"

Darryl looked through his wardrobe before pulling out a red t-shirt and a black jacket and some black skinny jeans, changing quickly before checking the time and leaving his dorm to meet up with the younger boys. He smiled as he realised he would be slightly early, at least he wasn't late. He looked around the empty dorm room halls, everyone was either prepping for practice, in a club or studying, much like Darryl would usually be doing but instead, he decided to appreciate his new friends' company. As he reached the door number he heard an unusual sound from inside, which forced him to become hesitant. For a second, he even thought about going home but decided against it considering he had already come so far. His fist collided with the door as he knocked gently. It only took the space of ten seconds for the door to swing wide open and the young raven-haired boy latched himself around the other's waist.

"Baaaaad! Vincent's bullying me," He whined amusingly, looking up at the other with a large pout, "Tell him off."

Zak was just wearing a simple oversized pastel blue sweater as well as some black skinny jeans, rolled up around the ankles.

"Okay, okay- just get off me, Skeppy," Darryl laughed as the other pouted further and he looked into the room curiously, it looked almost like all the other dorms despite the unusual cleanliness. Most teens who lived on campus were messy and didn't bother to tidy up. Darryl internally facepalmed realising he shouldn't have judged the younger so soon, after all even energetic boys can tidy up.

"Nice to see you again, Vincent," Darryl spoke awkwardly, not often getting to practice his casual conversations. Vincent was wearing a plain black T-shirt with dark grey ripped skinny jeans and some black trainers as well as a black wristband that had some words in white but Darryl couldn't quite read it from where he was stood.

"You too," Vincent said from where he sat on a stool at Skeppy's breakfast bar. "I'm thinking guys, we get a drink and a muffin from the café, me and Darryl will play on the Xbox whilst you go to baseball practice and then we'll do something fun?"

Darryl looked up, noticing there was a time period where he'd be alone with someone, he wasn't really good at one on one conversation, hopefully it wouldn't be too awkward between him and the french baguette man.

Zak grumbled under his breath before looking at Vincent and speaking to him, "I don't feel like going to practice today. Dave's got me really ticked off recently. I mean- Don't get me wrong, he's still one of my best friends, he's just had a bad day is all, I heard his girlfriend broke up with him last night and me shouting at him isn't any good and he probably has a hangover. Especially declining the invitation in his time of need... I just- I dunno..."

Darryl sighed placing an arm around the others shoulder, making him feel better and not alone, "I'm sure you both just need a breather, this night will do good for you and then tomorrow, we can talk to Dave about how he feels about everything. I just don't trust him too much considering he's lying about alcohol and sharing it to people who are underage."

"Woah, the Muffin man finally has some good advice to offer," Vincent chuckled as he played on his phone, "Should we set off soon then?"

Zak nodded, escaping Darryl's side-hug and grabbing his wallet from his room before pulling on his baby blue converse boots, "Let's go now before it gets dark outside. Besides I could use with a sweet and sugary hot chocolate to make me feel better."

Vincent rolled his eyes standing up and beginning to walk out the building, "Don't be so dramatic, Zak."

Zak pouted before laughing to himself once again. Darryl shook his head, uncertain of the outcome of today's events as Vincent walked whilst in awe at some things around him. It wasn't too bad actually. Just light hearted jokes and dares until they eventually arrived at the small café. It was decorated a pastel pink on the outside and as soon as the boys stepped in, they could smell a strong scent of cinnamon. The floor was marble and at the counter was a nice looking old lady, who ran the place by herself. It was small yet homely and cute.

"Good afternoon, Mrs Sh'mock," Vincent spoke as he walked up to the counter where she was.

"Oh! You frightened me. Hello Vincent, Zak and ooo, who's your new friend, boys?"

"Oh, this is Darryl he's from school," Zak chimed in, peering over the counter at all the delicious treats.

Mrs Sh'mock smiled politely and the oldest boy, "Welcome to my bakery then, Darryl! Pleasure to meet you."

Darryl nodded, giving a quick smile back despite his growing nerves, "You too, ma'am."

"Now, what can I get you boys?" She spoke sweetly as she decorated another cake.

"Oh! Me and Zak want our usual," Vincent excitedly grinned, bouncing slightly at the taste in his mouth already, "Darryl what do you want?"

Darryl thought for a moment, looking at all the tasty-looking treats on display before finally deciding, "I'll just have the same as you guys."

Mrs Sh'mock nodded sweetly as she repeated the order back to them before they paid. After they paid, the three boys sat down at the table closest to the counter as not to make the poor but sweet old lady walk for so long. Zak grinned cracking jokes that made Vincent laugh and Darryl just groan and roll his eyes, this friendship might actually work. Zak thought for a second looking back to the two other teens at his table before smiling.

'It might just actually work...'