Chapter 6

• • •

• • •

"Would you rescue me when I'm by myself?

When I need your love, if I need your help"

• • •

It wasn't long before Steve returned into the interrogation room with Bucky following behind him. They both took seats opposite be again however this time their faces were stained with sympathy.

I sat straight up in my seat and stared a the men across from me, hoping for an explanation for the sympathetic looks.

"Wolfie, I know you've already answered some basic questions but now you're being more cooperative we would like to go over them again. So if you wouldn't mind..." Steve questioned. Although I have spoken I generally don't talk a lot. The memory of it is just followed by an unknown pain. So i merely just nodded.

"Do you remember any other name apart from wolfie? Is it a nickname?" Steve began, while Bucky just eyed me up and down. I generally couldn't remember where my name came from or if it was my real name so I just shrugged and mumbled 'I don't remember'.

"Do you know what abilities you have?" He queered carefully in case I had no I idea and suddenly freaked out. Unfortunately, I knew what he was talking about. What I could become. What damage I could cause. So I nodded avoiding eye contact.

"Okay, do you remember where you came from?" I tried to dig through my brain for an actual answer but it was just a scrambled mess of nothingness. I started to feel angry that I couldn't give them a proper answer. I looked down at my hands and shook my head with disappointment.

"Do I look the slightest bit familiar?" Bucky spoke for the first time since coming into the room, causing my eyes to peer up from my hands to look at him. I stared at him before nodding my slightly and mumbling 'I don't know how though'.

"So finally," Steve began rubbing his hands together with his lopsided smile. "What would you like for dinner?"

"I-I don't know..." I whispered, confused about what I should say. I've never had the opportunity to pick before, it's always eat whatever cheaper or whatever scrap you can find.

"Okay, come on," Steve said as he unlocked the cuffs from my wrist. We all stood up and walked towards the door with Steve in front of me and Bucky behind me.

We walked out the door and down the corridor. Both of the men stood either side of me towering above my short malnourished state.

We continued down the corridor taking multiple left and rights until we reached a small elevator. We stepped in and Steve picked a floor. The walls of the elevator felt so inclosing. A feeling I hate for some unknown reason. I could feel my anxiety level increase until the elevator came to an abrupt stop causing the door to open.

We walked through an extremely large room with couches in the center into an open plan kitchen dining room set up where some of the avengers sat around the table.

"Guy's this is Wolfie".

The evening ran on shockingly smoothly. I was introduced to Tony, Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Thor, and Sam. Apparently not all the avengers lived at the facility so I would have to meet them at a later date, which was a little nerve-racking as I wasn't used to socializing, due to living on the streets on my own for so long.

Although I barely talked during the meal and barely ate compared to the others, due to not being used to large quantities of food. It wasn't pointed out and I wasn't put on a pedal stool. I felt a little out of place yet I felt safe.

It wasn't long before Bucky was showing me to my room, which was on the same floor as his and Steve's. He gave me an old pair of sweats and a burgundy t-shirt, which would probably reach down to my thighs, and showed me how to use the shower.

As soon as he left I stripped down and hopped into the shower washing the built-up grime off my body. As soon as I was dried and dressed I walked out of the bedroom and took the duvet and pillow of the bed and laid it on the floor, knowing I would have a fighting chance of getting a good nights sleep on the floor like I'm used to.

I finally drifted into a peaceful slumber... or so I thought.