Chapter 25

• • •

• • •

"Sometimes, I get this feeling 

I've been breathing someone else's air"

 • • •

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day, as Zack and I exited the changing rooms. 

"Ugh, I hate that obstacle course. I genuinely think I might have pulled my hamstring!" Zack exaggerated, as I laughed at his overaction.

"Hey! That's not nice. You really hurt my feelings...pooch!" Zack replied with fake hurt.

"Pooch?" I questioned lightly giggling at his tired state.

"Yeah, that's what you get for bullying me" Zack childishly stated, sticking his tongue out at me.

"Like Wolfie is a cool name and all, but are you gonna explain the whole name thing to me as well?" He pondered eagerly.

"Maybe... I'll see how you take the first part." I mumbled, unsure whether he would freak out, as Zack nodded in understanding.

"Ooo I forgot to say. I'm having a house party next week, wondered if you wanted to come?"

"What's a house party?" I queried unsure what I could be getting myself into.

"Is just a party for like all your mates at your house. Fran and Jace are coming so there might be alcohol... BUT you obviously don't have to drink if you don't want to. But I'd really like you to come. And you can stay the night so you don't have to worry about your parents if you do end up drinking." Zack replied with a cheeky smile.

"Umm maybe. I'll see how things go down with my dad tonight..." I trailed off, extremely nervous.

 • • •

We walked into the facility as I slightly laughed at Zack's facial expression.

"What...How?!" Zack exclaimed, barely able to string a sentence together.

"You live here?! At a shield facility... with the avengers!" Zack shouted sounding like an excited kid on Christmas morning.

"Wait, who's your dad?" Zack questioned, starting to slowly put the pieces together.

"Um, that's the thing... I was adopted by Bucky Barnes..." I trailed off nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"THE WINTER SOLDIER!"

"Umm, yeah... but he doesn't like to be called that as it reminds him too much of his past..."

"wait how the hell did Bucky Barnes adopt you... I mean like ex assassins don't normally adopt children... I think," Zack pondered causing me to chuckle at his thoughts.