Chapter 7

• • •

• • •

"I've turned into a monster,
A monster, a monster,
And it keeps getting stronger"

• • •

My eye fluttered open as I bolted upright into a sitting position screaming in pain and fear after another nightmare riddled with an unknown horror. 

Steve and Bucky came running in from the hallway, rushing to my side to see what was wrong as tears streamed down my face. Bucky started whispering something that was inaudible as I tried to calm down. 

As soon as my breathing started to even out Bucky reached his right hand to wipe away my tears. His hand was freezing cold, almost calming, causing me to look down at his hand to find his gloved hand was hiding a metal arm. 

It was at that moment something clicked in my brain and memories captured my brain. 

• • •

"Experiment 356 is awake, Project Beta is a success!" A thick German accent shouted in glee, as my eyes fluttered open. I cautiously scanned the room, my eyes observing many doctors running around with clipboards and veils in hands. I continued scanning the room until my eyes landed on one man who was staring at me proud look in his eyes.

"Aren't you just magnificent! You will make a wonderful hound for The Winter Soldier after a bit of training." He clasped his hands together. What was he talking about houd? I'm not some dog.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked panicked yet it came out as barely a whisper due to my dry throat. 

"Ah ah my dear, mutts don't speak. But to answer your questions my name is Arnim Zola. And you, my child, are fortunate to be given a chance to become a hero. To fight for justice."  He stated with a cold evil smirk.

• • •

"Bilden zwei (form two)" Zola commanded as he watched from a safe distance as two guards dragged in a middle-aged man with a bag over his head into my cage that was centered in the middle of a cement room. I quickly shifted into my wolf form, trying not to make a sound or to disappoint Zola knowing what the consequences would be.

"Beta this man in front of you is a traitor. Dispose of him!" And with that my wolf pounced onto the man, digging my claws and teeth into him until his body was so mangled it was barely recognized as a body. Blood clotted my black fur together and pooled underneath my paws. All I could taste was blood.

• • •

The winter soldier stood in front of me, his arms clenching and flexing, terrifying me. 

"Bilden zwei (form two), Beta!" He commanded, causing me to kneel letting the wolf inside of me take over and shift into my 'battle form'.

Without warning, he lashes out, sending knives flying at my head. I dodged and pounced out of the way in my 3m form, earning some skin wounds. Before quickly regaining my balance, only to have the assets arm hit my side causing me to fly back into the wall. As soon as I regained my bearings my wolf sent me charging at him. Dodging more knives and his metal arm I managed to pounce on top of him. Snarling in his face, daring him to move. 

"Ausbeute! Bilde eins (Yield! Form one)." He commanded causing me to whimper as I transformed, my wolf giving me control again.

As soon as I was done transforming I was knocked to the floor as Winter landed on top of me. He straddled my waist with one hand pinned my wrists down and his metal forearm against my neck.

"You need to be faster when changing forms. Never let your guard down." He lectured me, as he stood up offering me a hand.

"Again Wolfie, but this time just you and me. No wolf." He smirked, knowing my small build was no match for an assassin like him.

• • •

I snap back into reality cowering away from the men not terrified of what they might do to me but what damage I could cause them.

"Wolfie, you're okay. You're safe." Bucky tried to reassure me, trying to reach out for my hand. Not to my knowledge he used the same words Steve used to comfort him merely hours ago when he had a PTSD flashback, something I had just experienced for myself.

"No! No, stay back! I'm a monster." I whisper yelled, still not use to talking (now I know why), tears welling up in my eyes once again.

"Wolfie that wasn't you, it was Hydra. Like I've tried to tell Buck" Steve comforts, murmuring the last bit. 

Bucky pulls me into his chest rubbing circles into my back with his flesh hand as I hug on for dear life onto his metal arm. I don't know why it just felt right. Calming. It wasn't long before I drifted into a peaceful slumber in Bucky's arms.

Please vote and comment x