Chapter 14

• • •

• • •

"Dad, I know you're trying 

To fight when you feel like flying"

• • •

A machine hum filled my ears as my eyes fluttered open, trying to gather my senses. I attempt to take a much needed deep breath to find my collar still firmly locked around my neck. I scan the pristine white hospital room instantly realizing where I am.

I lay staring at the ceiling trying to recall what the heck has happened... how am I back at the avenger's facility?... is this a dream?

I look down to find myself shirtless, with a gauze pad on the left side of my lower abdomen. The rest of my body is littered with old battle wounds and fresh bruises.

The door opened causing a draft of air to ruffle through my hair. In walked Bruce, Tony, Thor, Nat, Clint and Bucky with Steve who had one hand placed on Bucky in reassurance? I'm so confused... I thought I was in Hydra?

"Hey lup, it's good to see that you're finally awake." Bucky was the first to speak with a sad sympathetic smile. I send a confused look his way completely baffled by the use of 'finally'.

"It's been 4 months since we found you at an illegal smuggling deal, Wolfie," Steve answered as I noticed Bucky's eyes gloss over as he stared at the ground.

"Wh-what d-d-did I do?" My voice trembling barely above a whimper as I expected a shock from the collar to soon follow, but somehow it never did.

"We manage to immobilize you before any real harm was caused," Clint answered gesturing to the wound, with a guilty look obviously being the one to do so. 

"None of it was your fault lup. If anything it's mine for not stopping hydra take you." Bucky stated with a stern voice filled with even more guilt than Clint's. This caused Steve to scold him trying to make him realize there was no way he could have stopped me being taken away.

"I managed to remove the chip that we found in you're neck after looking at the security footage of when you when abducted. We believe that is what hydra was using to track you and electrocute you that day." Bruce informed me seizing any squabble that was going to breakout.

"However Wolfie, I had no luck with being able to remove that collar yet. I've managed to deactivate it so it won't go shocking you anytime soon. I've also unconnected it from your nerves in your neck so you might find you have a tiny scar there when it's completely removed". Tony explained, actually being very serious.

"We're all glad just to have you back, Wolfie," Steve said softly, walking closer to me. I tensed and scoot back, causing him to frown as he stopped in his tracks.

"Hey, what's the matter?" He queered completely stunned by my reaction to him.

"I think we should leave Wolfie to get some rest, he's been through a lot this past year by all accounts," Natasha said calmly causing everyone to nod and get up to leave, yet Bucky stayed leaning against the wall. 

Once everyone had left and the door was closed Bucky pushed off the wall and took the seat next to the hospital bed. I slowly scooted further to the far side of the bed trying to not make him notice his close proximity was scarring me.

Out of nowhere, he started to cry into his hands. The big assassin who puts on such a tough strong front was sat balling his eye's out choking on his sobs. 

"I'm so so so sorry Wolfie. I shouldn't have let you go back to your room on your own. I shouldn't have let you! It's all my fault.. all my fault. They tortured so bad because of me. You can even stand being near any of us now because you so scared after what hydra has done to you and don't even know what that is... I don't think I want to know what that it. I should have gone with you! It should have been me who was taken back to hydra! We all know I deserve it more than you!" 

I shimmied back across to the other side of the bed and reached out my hand toward him. I grabbed ahold of his metal hand and tugged it towards my face, allowing me to hug it and cling to him. This automatically put an end to his rambling as he stared at me in shock causing me to look at him with a sad smile communicating that it's alright and I forgive him. Because I know for a fact Bucky will never accept that it wasn't his fault. 

A/N

Whoop another chapter down XD

10 points to anyone who can guess what I've been hinting at over the past couple of chapters... bet you can't XD 

hint - I'm getting excited to write it! (wasn't the best hint but oh well XD )