Chapter 15

• • •

• • •

"I'll reach my hands out, In the dark and wait for yours to interlock

I'll wait for you, I'll wait for you"

• • •

A light touch on my shoulder makes me jerk wide awake to see Bucky's sad smiling face. His face held no surprise meaning he knew what it was like, never fully falling asleep out of hydra habit. If hydra needed you they'd expect you to be awake and ready. Even when they took me for missions at 3 in the morning, if i wasn't awake in a couple of seconds you would be punished.

"Sorry lup, didn't mean to startle you. Bruce told me to wake you, you need to eat. You've gotten even lighter than when you first came here." He explained as he brought a wheelchair to the side of my bed, causing me to glare at him.

"Don't go giving me that look, be grateful you're not on bed arrest... probably have to glue you to that bed," Bucky smirked at me. His statement made me let out a tiny smile laughing internally causing Bucky to have a massive smile plastered on his face. He knew that he would have to regain my trust abling me to show my emotions in front of him. Not because anything he had done, but because I had grown accustomed, again, to hiding all emotions.

"But before we leave you're gonna need something to wear. I know you'll never admit it but I'd bet you'd do anything for my clothes! Soooo... I'll give you one of my jumpers to wear if you tell me what you want to do after lunch." Bucky blackmailed, coaxing me to speak, with a smug smirk grinning ear to ear knowing he had caught me out.

"Movie?" I whispered unsure whether Bucky would want to watch a movie.

"Splendid choice young sir! May I recommend The Muppets with a side order of cuddles?" Bucky replied in a fake posh British accent, causing me to let a small giggle escape.

Bucky grinned as he picked up a black hoodie from the chair. He helped put my arms through, thankfully no longer attached to a drip, and finally my head. Once the jumper was on I looked down to find it was no ordinary black jumper. The left-arm had graphics imitating Bucky's metal arm. I looked up with a smile on my face to find Bucky chuckling.

"Look at us twining!" He laughed picking me up from the bed and placing me in the wheelchair.

He started to guide the chair out of the room toward the elevator so we could get to the main floor, as he explained the jumper: "Tony gave that to me a couple of months into when I moved in here. Don't tell anyone but...I actually wore it when I was in my bedroom." Bucky chuckled.

"But it suits you so you can keep that one." Bucky continued causing me to turn around to look at him with surprise that someone was giving me something for free.

"Yeah, you would've just stolen it from me anyways," he sniggered ruffling my hair.

• • •

Bucky and I laid on the sofa, with my back touching his chest. The movie had finished some time ago, but now we were just chatting as bucky played with my shaggy hair.

"You need to get your hair cut soon or you might have to start wearing a pretty clip in this hair," Bucky teased as he pulled my hair in front of my eyes so i couldn't see, proving his point. I let a giggle pass my lips at his silliness.

"Steve and Nat have been talking about maybe you joining us for training more regularly or letting you train with the shield cadets. Honestly, it's up to you, you could do a bit of both. The cadet's program would be good for you to meet some people your own age," Bucky nattered on.

I turned to face him and mumbled out: "I'd like that." not wanting to suffocate him with my presence but never wanting to be left alone. He smiled then took a gulp with his eyes showing his nervousness about whatever he was about to say next.

"I-I-um wanted to ask you something. But it's completely your choice...but I really want you to agree... but like I said it's up to you... completely fine if you don't..." "Bucky." I cut of his painfull rambling causing him to sigh and rub the back of his neck.

"I was wondering what you would think if I requested to adopt you?" He spoke, his voice unsteady as he looked down at the couch avoiding my eye contact, scared of what my reaction might be.

A warm feeling spread through my body, the same I felt all those days ago when I was cuddling with bucky after a nightmare. A feeling of belonging. A smile formed on my face with tears brimming in the side of my eyes as I shoved my body against Bucky's chest hugging him with everything I had, not willing to let go.

I felt Bucky go stiff for a split second surprised by my actions, probably not expecting me to say yes, before he hugged me back with just as much love.

It was at that moment we heard multiple cameras go off causing both of us to look up to the find the rest of the team aww-ing at us. I even noticed a couple of tears that had escaped Bucky's eyes causing me to return back to hugging him.

"Aww, congratulations Wolfie, Punk," Steve stated in a kind tone obviously with a smile on his face.

"So cute," someone whispered out.

"Here's to Barnes Jr!" Tony cheered, before adding: "But don't think I haven't realized you kept that jumper Bucky!" He said with a smug tone probably causing Bucky to get embarrassed because I felt Bucky's head on my shoulder, fully embracing me again, hiding his face from everyone.

A/N

So cute to write this! Anyone guess right? :)

Found this song hen I was writing it and have fallen in love its soooo cute and I think represents Bucky's and Wolfie's relationship...

I also struggled to find the right gif for chapter so...

I've decided to pick Nick Robinsons to play the new character... but still need a name for the character! Comment below any ideas.

Thank you for reading <3

Don't forget to vote x