Chapter 22

• • •

• • •

"I get sick of affection and then I get distant"

• • •

Its been a week since I joined the academy...

Zack is still relentlessly flirting me but he hasn't made another move since my first day. I've continued to sit next to Fran and Jace at lunch, and I've grown quite close to them. I've yet to tell anyone about my past, unsure of how the news will affect my new friendships. I want to tell Zack but at the moment he's just to impracticable and hard to read.

Classes have been going okay... I guess, no one has noticed I can't read or write. It's not like hydra taught me much apart from how to kill. But my teachers are alright; Hills I think has a secret soft spot for me, maybe she knows about my Hydra past? But she's nicer to me compared to Agent Ward. He reminds me a lot of some of the Hydra trainers, harsh and relentless. Roach is still chill but very strict on homework and Dr. Allen is...well... very young.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, the worst day in existence. I've got combat training first thing in the morning on top of Fitness training with Ward in the afternoon. And to make my life even worse it's my turn to read in English tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to avoid everyone finding out I'm stupid. Maybe I can pretend I'm ill or ditch the lesson... But then Bucky will kill me if he finds out. Ughhhhh!

• • •

Sunlight flooded through the gap in my curtain as I slowly woke up to Friday.

"Good morning Wolfie, it's 7.30 AM, Wednesday the 23rd of September. Do you require a summary of today's news and weather, Sir?"

"No thank you, Friday," I replied as I got out of my bed stretching. Before putting on my uniform, skipping on the shower already planning on having one after Combat training and Fitness class.

I groggily walked up to the main floor before making myself a bowl of oatmeal. I soon finished my breakfast, before loading it into the dishwasher, checking the time to see I had to leave in 10 minutes.

"Friday, where's my Dad?" I asked out loud, wanting to say bye to Bucky before I left for school.

"Mr. Barnes is in his room, Sir," Friday replied quickly.

"Thank you." I expressed my gratitude as I made my way to the lift, returning to our floor. I approached Bucky's room which was down the hall from mine. I quickly knocked on the door before opening the door, not bothering to wait for a reply from my dad.

My eyes went wide as I was met by Steve pinning my dad against the opposite wall, attacking his lips, both only wearing their underwear. Bucky's eyes opened at the noise of the door opening to find me staring, shell shocked, at what was happening before my eyes.

I quickly closed the door and headed towards the elevator. However, my plan changed to running down the flights of stairs to get out of the facility, as soon as I heard Bucky call my name chasing after me trying to do up his jeans at the same time. Luckily for me, he realized that I probably needed space and time to process what I saw, so he stopped chasing after me allowing me to get on my way to school.

• • •

I had just finished Combat training and was already standing next to Zack changing back into my uniform, ready for my next lesson.

"Okay, what's going on?" Zack asked seriously, looking at me with concern.

"What?" I replied wondering what he was talking about.

"Seriously Wolfie, you look like you've seen a ghost or something. Now, 'you gonna tell me what happened or am I just gonna have to guess?" Zack smirked as he ruffled my hair.

"I-uh I walked in on my dad with a guy," I explained vaguely.

"Oh geez, that is not a sight any kid wants to see. No one wonder you're scared. Walking in on you're parent f*cking..." "Wait, what!" I interrupted with my cheeks bright red.

"They weren't... you know. They were just kissing." I explained causing Zack to make an 'oh' face.

"Well, that was close. Thought I might have to explain the whole top and bottom thing!" Zack laughed out.

"...Wait, why are you so freaked out about your dad kissing a guy... is he having an affair? Does your mum know?" Zack rambled, in a confused state.

"No, he isn't having an affair. I don't have a mum... well I mean... I don't know. I'm adopted." I explained looking down, scared to meet Zack's eyes.

"Oh. I get it. You didn't know your dad swings that way." Zack laughed out, finally understanding the whole picture, but deciding not to press the fact I was adopted.

"Well, I mean I did, kind of... It was just a bit of a shock."

"He didn't bring it up when you told him?" He queried, causing me to look at him with confusion evident on my face.

"You haven't come out to him yet?" He asked quietly. I just shook my head, no.

"Well-uh maybe you could, you know," Zack spoke as he scratched the back of his neck. "Maybe this is your chance. I mean he's going to have to explain...so why don't you explain how you feel?" Zack pondered.

"Yeah, you might be right. I don't want him finding out the same way I found out about him." I lightly chuckled.

"Oh, so you think I would be that careless to not lock the door so we wouldn't be interrupted." Zack joked with fake hurt.

"Who said I would be with you?" I teased back with my own smirk etched on my face, causing Zack to stare at me. All of a sudden we both burst out in laughter, probably looking like maniacs to the rest of the class.

Don't forget to vote x