Chapter 9

• • •

• • •

"I want to know when I can go
Back and be young again"

• • •

Once again I woke up to an unfamiliar room. 

I spent a bit of time staring at the ceiling trying to recall what had happened. I started to remember my outrage in the lab but then it all seemed to go hazy. I looked down at my hands to see i was attached to a drip. But what shocked me the most was that my hands were covered in fur. I turned my head to the side to see Bucky starting at me with an apologetic smile. 

"How you feeling's lup (wolf)?" he asked sympathetically.

"Okay... Head hurts... Feel weak". I mumbled out a reply. 

Bucky stands up and passed me a glass of water and two small pills as he sits down next to me on the side of the bed. 

"These will help with the head. Once you feel strong enough we'll get Bruce to detach you from the drip so you can shift." we sat in silence as I took the pills as he stared down at his hands.

"I'm really sorry wolfie for letting you go through that. I hope you understand that we had to give you the vaccinations. You know I would never inflict pain on you without good intentions, right?" I could see the pain in his eyes.

I knew I could trust him so I nodded my head and whispered out "I know". 

• • •

Half an hour later, Bruce walked into the room with a clipboard in hand.

"Hi Wolfie, how are you feeling?" he asked with a kind smile. Not an evil smile like the doctors at hydra had.

I looked towards Bucky who gave me a nod in encouragement so I turned back to Bruce and answered with a quiet "Better."

"Do you want to shift back? I can imagine being stuck in between forms must be painful?" he queried. To which I answered with a nod.

"Okay, so I'll go ahead and remove the drip from your hand and then you can change whenever you feel ready." with that Bruce came over and removed the needle and tube from my hand. He stepped back as I started to transform.

A sharp pain threw my head to the side as I cringed as my thick wolf fur returned to my skin. I breathed out a big sigh of relief as I finished the transformation and the pain passed.

"That was remarkable!" Bruce remarked with shock.
He quickly coughed trying to cover over his shock before speaking quietly "um sorry... You're good to go whenever. If you have any side effects from the vaccinations come straight to me". And with that Bruce excited the room.

Bucky turned to me with a smile: "It's Friday, we have nothing to do today apart from pizza night with everyone this evening. Soooooo... Movie marathon? I can show you all the films that I watched when I first moved in here?"

"That sounds fun." I smiled. So with that Bucky got up out of his seat, that was placed to the right of the bed. He walked towards me putting his flesh hand behind my back and his metal hand under my knees, picking me up bridal style. He carried me to the common area where we sat and watched films for hours.

• • •

I moaned in delight as I  finished my first piece of pizza. All the avengers were sat around the kitchen table, with pizza boxes scattered across the room, emersed in their own conversations. 

I licked all of the sauce of my hands trying to savor the taste of the margarita. I turned to my side to sneakily snatch another slice only to be caught red-handed by two supersoldiers, with smirks on their faces. Bucky indicated that I had sauce round my mouth while Steve just laughed and shook his head while saying something along the lines of "Just like you Buck". I guess Bucky couldn't resist the amazing taste of pizza, like me!

I managed to eat 3 slices which were more than I thought I would, what with not having the biggest diet for the past 50 years. 

"So puppy, when are you going to show us the big bad wolf?" Tony questioned with a smug smile. I had no idea how to answer so i made nervous eye contact with Bucky for help.

"Stark, don't pressure him. Wolfie, you show us whenever you're ready to." Natasha interrupted, causing me to smile and nod her way, as a form of a thank you.

"Okay. Okay. I just want to see the transformation, Bruce said it was miraculous. Also, the sooner he does he can start training with the two fossils." He confessed, causing Bruce to shrink in his seat out of embarrassment for being so excited when witnessing my transformation. To which Bucky and Steve both shook their heads.

The rest of the evening carried on with a lot of small talks filled with banter causing that warm feeling to grow in me again. I started to feel like I belonged.

Sorry, this took a while had slight writers' block :(

Please vote and comment x