Chapter 21

• • •

• • •

"You're the reason that I feel so strong

The reason that I'm hanging on"

• • •

On the way back to the facility I reminded Bucky of his promise that he made earlier that morning. So once we made it home I ran straight to my room to change into a pair of sweats and one of Bucky's jumper. I quickly returned to the main floor to meet Bucky, also wearing sweats and a jumper, already laying on the couch scrolling through Netflix. 

I lay down on the sofa and curled up into Bucky's side as he pressed play on Big Hero 6. About halfway through the film Bucky's continuous playing with my hair lured me into a much-needed nap.

I don't know how long I was asleep (not long enough in my opinion) but I was slowly woken up by Bucky calling my name as he rubbed small circles into my shoulder. I opened my eyes groggily, to be met by Bucky's kind smile, the smell of lasagne and the sound of light chattering.

"C'mon on lup. You won't sleep tonight if I let you continue napping." Bucky lightly chuckled as he ruffled my hair, causing me to groan and roll on to my side, wanting to fall back asleep.

"Ah, ah, Wolfie. You need to eat." Bucky said a little more sternly, as I just waved him off too tired to speak. I heard an annoyed sigh before I was suddenly picked up and thrown over Bucky's shoulder, as he walked over to the dining table.

I was placed gently into a seat beside Steve, as Bucky sat the other side of me. I was so tired that I didn't notice until now that the light chatter was the other avengers eating their dinner.

"I never realized dogs take cat naps too," Tony teased But, due to my exhausted state, I snapped letting out a growl, which was immediately interrupted by Steve.

"Wolfie, you can not growl at people!" 

"Wolfie, apologize to Tony!" Bucky added to Steve's scolding, disappointment laced in his tone.

"Sorry Tony," I mumbled looking down at my lap. A tear escaped my eye, rolling down my cheek as I let out a low whine at how I had let down my new dad. My tired actions did not go unnoticed by Bucky as he leaned towards me:

"It's okay Wolfie. I know you're tired. Just try and eat something then you can go to bed," Bucky said reassuringly causing me to sniffle trying and get rid of my teary state, as Bucky scratched behind my ear. I let out a moan in delight at the petting I was receiving as I pushed my head towards Bucky so he had better access for scratching me, nuzzling into his arm.

"Aw, you really are like a pup," Steve chuckled out as I whined at the teasing, causing the table to erupt in laughter at my dog-like behavior.

"So how was your first day?" Nat asked, wanting to know every small detail. I grinned remembering my eventful day, deciding to skip out on a few details nervous as to how they might react to Zack.

• • •

It wasn't long until I had finished my lasagna and was beginning to fall asleep leaning on Bucky. Bucky chuckled slightly at my adorable sleepy state as he slowly picked me up and carried me bridal style to my room. 

Bucky gently laid me on my bed, taking off my shoes, and slowly sliding the covers out from underneath me, replacing them over me. He kissed my forehead lightly before he began to walk away. My hand shot out and quickly grabbed ahold of Bucky's metal arm, stopping him from leaving.

"Wait, Winter. Don't leave me. I don't like sleeping on my own. I want you!" I rambled half asleep. I heard Bucky sigh slightly. After a couple of minutes, he removed his hoodie, keeping his sweatpants on and climbed under the covers. As the bed dipped, I was pulled into Bucky's warm embrace.

"You want to talk about your nightmares?" Bucky asked as a small yawn escaped from me.

"They're n-normally hydra memories. But some-sometime I see th-the team getting hurt." I whispered out as tears begin to cloud my eyesight as I whined lightly, hiding my face in Bucky's chest.

"sssh, you're okay datka. I know they can feel so real. Trust me, I know. But you're safe. I won't let anything happen to you."

"Tata?"

"Hmm?

"Can you stay with me? Forever?" I queried. "I don't want to be left alone again," I added, mumbling into Bucky's chest.

"I'll never let go lup," Bucky replied, hugging me tightly.

IMPORTANT...

I'm taking requests of fluff type scenes I can use as filler chapters!

Any headcanon suggestions for wolfie and the avengers is much apricated. Or any suggestions for things that might happen while Wolfie is at school.

The reason I'm doing this is that I have a few chapter ideas I want to write... but don't want to jump straight into them cus i might lose motivation to write over chapter. (no idea if that makes sense XD )

As always thank you for your support x