Chapter 14

"Terrence POV"

Next Day, 10:32am

So I decided to go home and get some extra clothes this morning.

As I'm on my way over there I get a call from my mom.

"Yes Mother?"

"Terrence DaShon Howard. Where have you been? I asked Kelly where you were and she said she didn't know. What did you do?" She blurted out all at once making me feel like a kid again

"I didn't do anything mom. We had an argument, I couldn't take it anymore so I left. That's it. Did she call you?" I asked

"Yes she did, she went to New York. You would've known if you spoke to her." Show said

"Okay then. Is that all you wanted to ask me?" I asked as I got a bit frustrated at my mom questioning me as if I was a kid in the house again.

I hurriedly hung up before she could answer and continued driving.

I knew nothing about her going to New York for a meeting. I honestly wasn't interested, that means I have the house to myself so I can get a few things in peace.

My phone vibrated in the holder above the GPS.

My Queen 👸❤ : Hang up on me again and Ima bust ya ass ya hear me boy.

I chuckled at the text my mom sent me then focused my attention back on the road heading towards my home.

I parked my car in the driveway then headed inside with my briefcase in tow since I need to get some important documents from my home office before heading to work.

I through my keys in the bowl at the door before hanging my coat up and heading upstairs to take a quick shower.

Soon as I finished I picked out a suit for the day. I decided to switch up some black slacks with a navy blue blazer and tie with a white dress shirt.

I packed myself a quick bag of clothes and other shit I might need to take back to my penthouse.

I then got my much needed documents and put them in my briefcase before putting on my coat and heading back out to my car.

I put the duffel bag in the trunk and my briefcase on the passenger seat before I headed to work.

If I haven't told y'all before I'm one of the top lawyers at my firm and I'm also the highest paid lawyer in America as well. I've been a lawyer for about 8 years now and I've never lost a case before.

Right now I'm representing a client of mine that is guilty yet I have to try and prove him innocent.

This shit is so stressful because if I win this case I'll have people coming for my neck because then I'll be keeping a guilty man out of jail and if I lose this case It'll be the first case I've ever lost and that I cannot have. I hate losing.

My father always told me that I should prepare to win and I'll end up winning. Why should I prepare for failure? I refuse to.