Chapter 16

A/N I forgot how long Travis and Taraji has been dating so let's make it about 7 months now.

"Taraji POV"

Saturday, 10:42am

So today is the Howard family reunion and Travis has asked me to go with him to meet the rest of his family.

I'm excited because I love reunions. Family being together with no care in the world just love floating around is beautiful. Makes me think about my family that refuses to have reunions where everyone comes together.

I am currently in my walk in closet getting ready. Travis is coming to pick me up in a few and I want to be ready before he gets here.

I decided on a dark blue high waisted jeans with a black blouse and black heels. I don't want to be overdressed and the weather is kind of warm today.

I straightened my hair and did my light make up. I did the last finishing touches and headed downstairs to get the peach cobbler I made. I hated going anywhere empty handed.

I heard the doorbell ring and went to answer it. Travis came in with a smile across his handsome features.

"Hey baby, you ready to go?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned down to kiss me

I pecked his lips not bothering to go any further seeing that I was with his brother a couple of nights ago. None of this felt right to me but I didn't have a choice.

There's no way in hell he'd accept the fact that I'm in love with his brother.

If I left him for his brother he'd be heartbroken.

"Yeah let's go, I just have to grab the peach cobbler from the kitchen. I'll be right back." I said

I quickly got it and met him at the from door.

He got my bag for me and made sure everything was locked up and my alarm was set properly before he led me to his car.

The drive to his grandmothers house was peaceful. We made small talk and he told me about his family and how excited he was to introduce me to his Yaya. He said that he's been speaking to her about me and that she'd love to meet me.

He also told me about his aunts and uncles that were excited to meet the new women in his life.

That alone made me feel guilty.

We arrived an hour later to a huge white home that was absolutely gorgeous.