Chapter 31

"Terrence POV"

A week later...

16 October

Making sure Bryson was strapped properly in his car seat I kissed his forehead as he peacefully slept then shut the back door to my SUV.

Today we're having some daddy and me time to get out of Taraji's hair for a few.

She's been in a mood lately and I don't know what's her problem. My mom told me its normal for a new mother to have her last few mood swings after they have a baby so I've just been handling it the best way I can since I can't fuck it out of her yet.

Pulling out of the driveway I let Deon know to keep an eye on Taraji and left the premises.

So I'm off of work and I don't have to go back anytime soon. Today I decided to take Bryson to my moms for a visit.

"Bryson you ready to see grandma?" I asked as I looked at him through the rear view mirror

Just then I got a text from my mother herself.

Queen 👑 : Boy where are you with my grandson?

I chuckled before letting her know I'm on the way.

"Huh boy, you ready for all the love you're about to get. They forgot about daddy already, its all about you now." I said with a smile looking at his calm and collective face as he played with his fingers now wide awake. His such a sweet little kid compared to how I was when I was a baby. My mom told me I cried all the time if I wasn't in her arms or my fathers. He definitely gets it from Taraji. 

Looking at my twin in the back I can't believe I'm finally a father. I remember having the first conversation about kids with Kelly like it was yesterday.

Who would've thought 3 years later I'd be a father to a beautiful baby boy and the mother of my child would be heaven sent.

I remember back when Kelly rejected me. I think that's what made us fall apart in the first place.

'Short Flashback'

After 2 and a half years of being married I'm now ready to become a father. I just hope Kelly feels the same.

Dropping my briefcase on the couch in our living room I walked into the kitchen where I found my wife cooking dinner. Realising the house is as quiet as it always is I went up behind her and kissed her cheek.

"Hey." I greeted

"Hey, you hungry?" She asked as she stirred something in on of the many pots on the stove.

"Yeah I'm starving actually." I said as I went and sat on one of the stools at the counter in front of her

"Does the quiet ever bother you around here?" I suddenly asked as I ate and she sat next to me enjoying her meal as well

"What do you mean?" She asked looking at me

"Baby how do you feel about starting a family?" I asked getting straight to the point