Chapter 15

Axel's POV

The weekend passed fairly quickly. Jay left early on Saturday, needing to go home and spend the weekend with his family, which I understand. He wanted me to come with him, but I managed to convince him by promising him another date. I don't want to intrude on his family time.

It's now Monday morning, and as I walk into the school, I feel someone walk up behind me and an arm sling over my shoulder. I look up to see Jay smiling down at me, and I smile in return. We walk into the school with Jay's arm still around my shoulders. Nobody seems to notice, which makes me sigh in relief. Maybe we're not as interesting as I thought.

But soon, the first person spots us. After, everyone stops what they're doing to turn to look at the new couple. I look around, nervous. I thought this only happened in movies.

"Just ignore them" Jay whispers in my ear, causing me to jump a little. I look up and he smiles at me, pushing me along.

Thankfully, we make it to the locker rooms without anyone coming up to us. We quickly change and head out to the gym, where everyone was already crowded around the coach.

Gym class was pretty uneventful, just doing basic drills and getting curious stares from the people in our class.

I started paying attention to classes again and taking notes, and I realize that my brain just hasn't caught up with the idea of starting to work again. I'm going to need to ask Jay to tutor me again.

Lunch rolls around, so I grab Jack and we go to the library since I saw Pete there during second period.

We find Pete and sit at his table, and he smile as he sees us.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Pete asks, and I wave my hand dismissively at him.

"Let's get right to the point. What's going on between you and Franco?" I ask and Jack nods beside me.

Pete sighs, "Is it that obvious?"

Jack laughs, "Dude, every time Franco is in the same room as you, you make up some excuse and run out of there faster than Usain Bolt could ever run. If you do that in gym class, you could actually manage to pass"

I slap Jack on the chest, "Yo, we're trying to figure out what's going on between the two, not point out his every flaw" I hiss, and Jack nods.

"Spill" I say, turning my attention back to Pete.

Peter sighs again, "Well, I've known Franco since elementary school. He used to date my twin sister"

"You have a sister?!" Jack and I say simultaneously and immediately slap our hands over our mouths. Shoot, we were supposed to know that.

Pete rolls his eyes, "Yes, I have a twin sister and Franco dated her"

I tilt my head to the side, "Okay.. but what does that have to do with your weird behaviour around him?"

Peter blushes, "Well um, Franco cheated on my sister.. with a guy"

"WHAT?!" Jack and I yell but quickly shush ourselves, forgetting we were in the library. We mutter a quick apology to everyone who gave us looks, and turn our attention back to Pete.

"Okay that still doesn't explain your weird behaviour" I say, and Jack nods.

"Umm, well the guy he cheated on my sister with was... me" Pete says looking away, ashamed.

"WHAT?!" Jack and I stand up and yell, causing our chairs to fall back. We slowly pick them up and mutter another apology to the people giving us glares.