Chapter 20

Jayden's POV

I arrive at my house before Axel, and look at the time. It's 5:34, so I call my mom.

"Hey honey"

"Hey mom, is everything set up?"

An hour ago...

"I would've loved to have all these books in my room, but my room wasn't big enough. So sadly, they had to be put here" I hear Axe sigh, and an idea pops into my head.

I hand Axe the box, "I'll be right back" I leave the room, and head downstairs. I take out my phone and call my mom.

"Hey honey, everything okay?"

I look upstairs to make sure Axe isn't listening, "Yeah mom, everything's fine. Could you do me a favour?"

"Yeah of course, what's up?"

I lower my voice to a whisper, "Can you buy 3 bookshelves big enough to fit.. let's say 150 books?" I say. I counted the amount of book on one shelf, and multiplied that by the amount of shelves he has to get an approximate number of the amount of book Axe has.

"3 bookshelves? Where is that going to go? We don't have enough space in our study"

"Axel's new room, it'll fit right?" I ask and my mom hums.

"Yeah, definitely. His room will be the same size as yours"

"Oh yeah, then it'll definitely fit" I say, thinking about the size of my room. Not to brag or anything, but I have a decent sized room. It'll definitely fit 3 bookshelves, heck it could even fit 6 and he'd have tons more space left.

"I just wanted Axe's new room to have bookshelves he can fill his books with. He wanted to put his books in his room in this house, but it wasn't big enough. Now that he has a big room, I want him to have everything he's ever wanted in a room. His new room has a TV, right?" I say and my mom chuckles.

"Yes, it does. You really care about him, don't you?" my mom says and I sigh.

"You have no idea. I want to give him the best life possible after all he's been through"

She giggles, "Alright, I'll get the bookshelves installed in his room. Just don't bring him to the house until after 5:30. It'll take some time to set up"

I smile, "Thanks mom, you're the best"

"Anything for you and Axel, honey. He deserves the best after everything"

I frown, "Yeah, he deserves more than this universe could give"

My mom giggles, "Alright, see you soon honey"

"Everything's all set. Are you guys here?" my mom says, and I see Axe pulling up on the driveway.

"Yeah, could you call some people out to help us move his stuff?" I ask, and I hear my mom tell Carl, our head butler, to get some people to help me out.

I thank my mom and hang up, as Axe gets out of his car and walks up to me. I smile at him and give him a kiss on the cheek.

He smiles, "Shall we start unloading?" he says and I shake my head as our butlers come out of the house and starts unloading the car.

"No need, they'll help us" I say and take Axe's hand, leading him inside. We pass by Carl, and I give him a grateful smile. He nods, and gives me a small smile. Carl has been working for us since I was in diapers. He took care of me almost as much as my mom did and I think of him as family.