Chapter 17

Axel's POV

It's been around two months since Jay and I started dating, and I've never been happier. We haven't fought -besides those occasional arguments about who's more amazing at what- and he makes me happy. Like really happy. He always goes out of his way and does something to make me smile. Last week, when I was upset about an argument with Jack -we solved it now- he bought me roses and chocolates, then took me out to a fancy dinner. I smiled the whole night, and temporarily forgot about the argument. He makes me feel loved.

He's also helped me with school work, and now I'm fine without any help. My grades have gotten a lot better, and I'm now back to being the top of the grade. Mr. Falcon looked relieved when he saw that I was back to my old self.

Since my grades are back to where they were before, I'm going to join the basketball team. Coach has been pestering me for the past two months to join, but I wanted to get my grades back up before that. I really love basketball, and I think it's about time I get over my fear.

The bell rings, signifying the end of the day. I pack up, and get ready to leave the classroom. As I leave the room, I get a text from Jay, so I open it.

My sexy pancake ;)

I have football practice today, u want to wait or I'll just come over later?

I'll wait. I have to talk to Coach about the basketball team anyways

Okay, I'll text u when practice is over

Mkay, good luck. Don't get injured

Me? Injured? Please, u underestimate me. I'm the one who injures others, not the other way around, babe.

That's not something to be proud of

:) I gotta go, I'll text u later <3

Read at 3:21

I put my phone in my pocket and head to the gym. I knock on Coach's office door, and open it when I hear a "come in". Coach looks up and looks puzzled to see me. I smile nervously, as I sit down in the chair across from him.

"What can I help you with, kid?" Coach asks, as he closes whatever he was looking at on his laptop.

"I was wondering about the basketball team, and if I can join?" I ask, and I see Coach break out into a huge grin.

"Finally! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that. Ever since I saw you play that day, I knew with you on the team, we could win the whole championship!" he says and I chuckle.

"You give me too much credit, Coach. I'm sure there are plenty of people better than me out there" I say and Coach shakes his head.

"Don't say that kid. You're really good, just admit it. You're almost as good as the number 8 boy who disappeared from the Blue Koyas!" Coach exclaims and I laugh awkwardly. It's fine to tell him, right?

"Haha.. that guy. Um, actually, Coach. I'm.. number 8 from the Blue Koyas.." I say as I rub my neck with my hand awkwardly.

Coach's eyes go wide, "You're number 8?! I had the only boy I've ever acknowledged at basketball, right under my nose this whole time?!"

I laugh and smile sheepishly, "Yup, that's me.."

Coach's grin widens, "That explains why you're so good. Now I know we're definitely taking the championships this year. There's practice this Thursday after school. We'll be using the gym since the boy's football team also has practice. We normally prefer to use the outdoor courts since the nets are in much better condition, but what can you do."