Chapter 26

A/N:  I don't know much about football besides the fact that there's a ball and you throw it, so bear with me please

------------

Axel's POV

The football season is coming to an end, and today is the championship finals for Jay. This will be an important game for him since a lot scouts will be there. Michigan scouts will be there. He's been training extra hard and is playing his best to score a scholarship with Michigan, though I'm not too worried. Jay is the quarterback on our team and is most definitely one of the best players in the country.

I sit down beside Jack, who saved me a seat. I look around the stadium and see May, Dan and Jason sitting up front. I wave at them and they spot me, waving back.

"So after today, assuming that I get my scholarship, only you guys are left. How are your applications coming along?" I ask, turning to Jack.

He smiles, "Good, one of the reps from Michigan called me yesterday. He liked the business deal I proposed, and wants to talk about it at a coffee shop next week. I'm so nervous, if he likes my ideas and we can get an agreement, my acceptance into Michigan is basically guaranteed" he says and I smile widely.

"Yes! I know you'll get that deal, Jack. So it's just you three left" I say and look at Pete, Tyler and Franco. 

"We're working on it, don't worry. You guys just make sure you secure your sport scholarships and business deal, we'll take care of the rest" Tyler says and I smile, nodding.

I hear the stadium start cheering, so I look down and see our team entering the field. Jay's wearing a helmet that covers his face, but I can tell that he has a huge grin plastered on. Jay's always nervous before a game, but once he gets on the field he's like a different person. He's calm and collected and is always thinking of what plays to do next, but he always has a huge smile on his face. It's clear how much he loves football, and I can't imagine anyone who'd be able to beat him.

The whistle blows and the two teams' starting lineup gets on the field and into position. Another whistle is blown, signifying the start of the game. Number 3 snaps the ball and Jay catches it with ease. Everyone on the team runs, and Jay throws the ball towards the endzone. Number 6 jumps up and catches it perfectly, landing in the endzone. The stadium erupts in cheers and applause, as the team gathers back onto their side.

The game goes on like that, our team scoring, but the opponent's manage to take some as well. It's nearing the end of the second half, and the score is tied, 22-22.  This time, the ball gets snapped to Jay and he goes running towards the endzone. The other team attempts to tackle him but he swiftly dodges them, continuing his run for the endzone. He scores a touchdown, winning the game.

The crowd cheers, as the whole team goes and hugs Jay. Jay takes off his helmet and I can see the huge smile on his face as he laughs and celebrates with his teammates. I smile as I see how happy he is, and his eyes scan around the crowd until they find mine. I smile at him and I give him a thumbs up, to which he laughs.

The crowd starts to leave, and I sit there with my friends. We wait for the exits to not be as crowded before leaving. I wait by Jay's car, leaning on it as I say bye to my friends. I wish Jack luck on his business deal tomorrow, and he thanks me as he drives off.

Half an hour goes by, before a smiling Jay with wet-hair comes walking out of the school. He sees me and comes running. He reminds me of kids running to their parents after their first day at kindergarten. 

He pulls me into a short kiss, and pulls away with a huge smile on his face. He rests his forehead on mine. I close my eyes and just enjoy the moment.