Chapter 16

Axel's POV

Pete looks at me with wide eyes.

"I-I had no idea that happened.. And here I was complaining about my situation when-"

"Stop. Just because my situation may seem worse than yours, that doesn't make your problems any less important" I interrupt Pete and frown.

"You're right, I'm sorry" Pete says as he looks down at his feet.

I lightly punch him in the chest, "Hey, no need to feel bad. Come on, let's go find lover boy"

"Yours?" Pete looks up with a smirk at what Jack said and I punch him on the shoulder.

"Ow! That one actually hurt dude" Jack frowns at me and I stick my tongue out at him.

He rolls his eyes, "Real mature"

"I knew something was going on between you and Jayden!" Pete says, and I blush.

"Yeah, we're dating" Pete's eyes widen in shock.

He smiles widely at me, "Congratulations, I'm happy for you guys"

I roll my eyes, "You sound like I just got married"

"Are you saying you don't want to marry me?" a husky voice behind me says, and I jump back in shock.

"Geez don't scare me like that, I have a fragile heart!" I say, placing a hand over my racing heart and playfully glare at him.

Jay lets out a low chuckle, then hugs me. "I missed you"

I laugh, "I literally just saw you this morning, it's been 3 hours"

"3 hours too long" he retorts. He attempts to kiss me but I slap my hand on his lips before he gets to do so.

"My friends are here" I point to them, and Jay looks over at them, annoyed.

"By all means, go on" Jack says, and Pete nods along.

I roll my eyes, "Like you're getting any free porn. Anyways, Pete. Now that you know, you don't have anything to worry about. Though, it would be nice if you helped around the house"

Pete smiles and nods, "Of course, I'll do everything I normally do at my place"

I nod and smile, "That's all I need"

"Are you hiring him as a housekeeper?" Jay's voice interrupts. I turn to look at him, and he has an adorable confused look on his handsome face.

I chuckle, "No, if-" I stop myself, and look to Pete for permission. He nods, but I don't plan on telling him everything yet.

"If Pete's parents kick him out, I gave him the option of moving in with me" I say and Jay frowns.

"I want to move in with you" he says, completely serious. I laugh and shake my head.

"You're not even going to ask why Pete's parents would kick him out?" I ask incredulously.

He shakes his head, "That's Pete's personal business, I don't want to intrude on that. Instead, I tell you that I want to move in too"

"You know you can't right?" he pouts and nods.

"Soon, one day I will" he says and I blush.

"You're thinking real far ahead aren't you, tough guy?" I say and pat him on the shoulder. We hear the warning bell ring, and go our separate ways after saying goodbye. Jay walks me to class, obviously.

"Did you find out the cause of Pete's weird behaviour?" Jay asks as we walk to my next class.

"Yeah, I'll tell you later. It's messed up" Jay nods, and we talk for a little more before I reach my classroom. Jay gives me a kiss on the cheek before heading off to his class.