Chapter 18

Axel's POV

"M-M-M-Mom?"

"Hello, Axel. I didn't expect to see you here" she says, giving me a tight lipped smile.

"E-Excuse me, I think I left my phone upstairs. I'll be right back" I say, and run past everyone, running upstairs into Jay's room. I sit beside his bed and I hug my knees into my chest. I look at my hands and notice I'm shaking.

"Hey, hey. Baby, I'm here" Jay comes and sits in front of me, giving me a sweet smile.

"I-I, s-s-she-" I stutter, unable to form a sentence.

"Hey, hey, shh. It's just me, okay? She's downstairs, and we're up here. The door's locked, so no one's going to come in, okay? It's just us" he says, and wipes some tears off my cheeks. I didn't even notice I'm crying.

I give him a small smile and nod. I appreciate that he didn't say it's okay, because it's not. I didn't think I'd have such a big reaction seeing her again.

Jay pulls me into his lap and I rest my head on his shoulder. We sit in silence, besides my sniffling.

Jay soothingly rubs his hand up and down my back, "Hey, you want to go to your place? I'll explain to my mom that you're not feeling well and that I'm staying the night at your place. Sound good?"

I nod. He stands up, carrying me. "W-What are you doing? I can walk myself!" I say, embarrassed.

Jay chuckles, "But my baby's sad, I can't let him do unnecessary work when he's not feeling like himself" he says and taps my nose.

I giggle, "Me being sad doesn't affect my ability to walk, now put me down you doof!" I say and smile.

He grins, "There's that beautiful smile, now keep it there. We're heading out" he says and carries me out of his room, much to my protest.

"Jay, put me down! I swear to god, Jay! I'm going to fall!" I say as we descend the stairs, him chuckling.

"Jay seriously put me down, don't walk in there carrying me, it's embarrassing!" I say and he laughs.

"I'm just taking care of my princess, what's so wrong with that?" he says, surprisingly not dropping me on the stairs, as he walks towards the kitchen.

"Jay, Jay, Jay! Seriously put-"

"Hey mom, my baby here's not feeling well. I'm going to take him home and stay the night so I can take care of him, yeah?" he says, and I look up to see everyone looking at us. Jason, May and Dan looking amused.

"Yeah, sure honey. Make sure to take good care of him" May giggles.

Jay smirks, "Of course. I treat him like royalty, right, princess?" he says, and looks at me. I blush, and hide my face in the crook of his neck.

"Oh god please let this humiliation be over with. I plead guilty, just please kill me now" I mutter and I hear Jay chuckle.

"Okay, see you later mom!" Jay says as he turns and walks to the door.

"Thank you for the invite, I'm sorry I couldn't stay for dinner" I say as we walk away, and May just mouths it's okay and glances over at my mom, who's looking at me. I hide my face in Jay's neck.

Jay finally puts me down on a chair, and helps me put on my shoes. I blush, "I feel like a 3-year old baby who doesn't know how to do anything"

Jay looks up at me and smiles, "Yeah well you're my baby so I'll do everything for you, no worries"

I roll my eyes as Jay puts on his shoes. He opens the door and picks me up again, closing the door and walking to his car. He places me into the passenger's seat and buckles me in.