CHAPTER TWO

MORE NEWS ON AURORA STARK: The police have no new leads. It has been two weeks after the Friday when Ari was last seen. Tony Stark has reached out to the public and encouraged anyone with any information to come forward, but no one has given the police anything real. Stark's intern, Parker, reached out and requested that this was included in our article. "Please give us Ari. We can give you whatever you want. I'll trade spots with her. Please, something. Ari is the love of my life. Please bring her home."

-

When I woke up again, everything ached. How long has it been? A few days? A week? My lips are cracked and my stomach rumbles loudly, reminding me that it's been too long without food and water. I sat up from the lumpy mattress and rubbed my eyes, looking around tiredly.

I wanted to lay down again. Maybe I'll just die now. That's better than being forced to hurt people, I thought. And then: I have to stay alive for Peter. Peter.

The thought of my boyfriend made my heart skip a beat. Was he alright? Is he surviving without me? He always told me losing me was something he couldn't handle, and now I'm... gone.

My name is Adrestia. My father left me here to die. But the boy I love is Peter Parker.

I stood up, the room slightly spinning from the effort. I walked to the door and tried the knob. Locked, go figure.

"Adrestia." The voice came from a speaker somewhere in the room, and I looked around to try and find it. "How are we feeling?" The voice, belonging to the Maker, asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Not really that great if you want me to be honest."

"I think you know what will make you feel better." The Maker taunts. Peter. "On the table, Adrestia." My eyes flickered over to the table in the corner of the room, where a syringe filled with blue liquid was sitting. The pain was so bad, terrible, but it could make me forget. Do I want to forget? Forget Peter, Ned, MJ? Pepper? Rhodey? Dad? He wouldn't have left me here. I know that.

What's my name? It isn't Adrestia, not really. I know I should remember but I just can't. What did that drug to do me? I don't want to forget.

"Do it, Soldat. We both know how badly you want to forget."

I don't want to forget. I don't want to forget. I don't. Do I? No. I don't. I grabbed the syringe and threw it onto the ground, stomping for good measure. Satisfied with my work, I sat back down on the lumpy mattress and stared at the wall.

The door swung open. I looked up through black eyes, uninterested. The Maker was there with another man in a doctors coat. That duo walked in followed by two big guys carrying a chair. They sat the chair down and roughly grabbed my arms, tearing the sensitive skin on my back even further. I didn't fight when they pushed me down into the chair and strapped me in.

The Maker straddled a chair and faced me.

"What's my name?" I asked firmly.

"Adrestia." He answered easily. I shook my head. No, that isn't right. That isn't what Peter called me. Whatever is in that drug, in the vial, it's making me forget my life. I don't know my name anymore. But I know Peters.

"You're dating Peter Parker, right? Tony Starks intern?" At the mention of Peters name, I froze.  They can't hurt him. Peter can't get hurt because of me.

"Well?" The Maker asked again. I took a deep breath.

"What do you want to know?" I asked. I would give them anything to keep Peter safe.

"Where is the Winter Soldier?" The Maker demanded.

"I don't know-" I started, but was cut off when someone's hand connected with my cheek.