CHAPTER FOUR

Peter Parker's POV

"Mr. Stark, please just hear me out-"

"No, you hear me out. It goes against the accords to have any of the rouge Avengers here. I cannot believe that you were thick enough to go behind my back and invite them here. Honestly, I'm baffled." I worked my jaw a bit and stood up straighter.

"It doesn't matter. They're here now. They agreed to help us find Ari. You know, your daughter? Come to the meeting when you can open your eyes and see they just want to help you get your daughter back." I turned over my right shoulder, ignoring whatever smart comment he made, and stepped into the elevator. There is a team of disbanded, illegal Avengers in the living room and I don't have a Tony Stark to bring them.

I stepped out of the elevator when it got to the right level. I looked into the living room, at the team of heroes that were being much more civil than I originally thought. I was expecting fighting, arguing, hurt feelings being brought up; not quiet conversations and mumbled how are you's.

Bucky saw me first. He bumped Steve's elbow and he looked up, giving me a soft smile. I returned it.

"Where's Tony?" Natasha asked from the couch.

"He'll be here, he's just stubborn." I said, walking to the group. I stood next to Steve, feeling small and childish next to him. He sat down, giving me the floor.

"We only have one goal, right? Bring Ari back. That's it. Whatever you all do after that isn't any of my business, but I know how much she cares about you, and I know you care about her too. I realize some of you might have issues," I paused here, "But if we can't work together we can't save Ari."

"Ok, kid. What's your plan?" Clint asked.

"You're really gonna make him come up with everything?" Rhodey asked, but promptly shut up when I coughed.

"Clint, Natasha, Bucky, and Steve are our rescue team. Dr. Banner, Mr. Stark, Vision and Wanda are going to figure out how the rescue is going to go off without a hitch. Sam and I are on comms making sure everything works the way we want it to. More importantly though, and this is a job for everyone, we need to figure out where she is. Mr. Stark and I have got it narrowed down to New York City, but it's too broad. We need an exact location for this to work."

Everyone exchanged glances. "I have a guess as to where she is," Bucky said shyly. This was the first time any of the other avengers, excluding Sam, Steve, and Nat have heard him talk. "There's this old HYDRA wearhouse in the Bronx. I can't say for sure that the place even has anyone in it, but it used to be one of the United States main HYDRA head quarters. It's a start."

"FRIDAY, did you get all that?" Mr. Starks voice rang through the living room, heads snapping towards him.

"I am detecting hundreds of heat signatures in one abandoned wearhouse in the Bronx. I've shared the address with you, sir."

"Thank you, FRIDAY, darling. How's everyone doing? Anyone need a drink?" Mr. Stark asked the group. He's definitely been different since Ari left. Lately, I've been taking care of both of us.

Correction: I've been trying to take care of both of us, but I've only been taking care of him. My grades are slipping, my duties as Spider-Man are practically out the window. My life is a mess and I'm barely keeping my head above water as it is, but Mr. Stark is more important than that. When Ari comes back, everything will be better. Or if.