CHAPTER SEVEN

Bucky and I walked into the living room. We had our little heart to heart, we realized that we both felt like monsters living in our own skin. Instead of prying, Bucky talked about his experience. I sat and I listened.

If he needed to talk, to someone who understood, I could listen.

But we walked into the living room together anyways. Steve, Natasha, Clint, and Peter were sprawled around the couches, playing Mario Cart. Peter was kicking everyone's asses, as per usual. When Peter looked up and saw us, he dropped his controller and came over. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up slightly from the ground.

"You okay?" I asked softly. Bucky patted his shoulder and left us alone. Peter nodded with his head on top of mine. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I, um, I'm okay. I'm just- every time I see you I just feel really relieved?" Peter explained. I wrapped my arms around him tighter.

"I'm right here, Peter. I'm here," I whispered into his chest, "I'm here and you're here. We're gonna be alright," I said. I didn't know if I said it to remind him or to remind me, but we both found comfort in it.

Peter broke the hug and pulled me back to the couch. He laid down and pulled me gently on top of him. We laid with me on top of him, back to chest. He grabbed the controller again, and Steve gave me his.

"If anyone has a chance of beating Peter it's you," Steve said. I laughed voiced my agreement, which made Peter scoff.

"I can't be beat," Peter said. I laughed out loud.

"Bet!"

"Bet!"

20 minutes and three rounds of Mario Cart later, Peter was tossing his controller away in defeat. "I give up, you're better than me," he admitted. I craned my head around to give him a cocky smile, and he playfully pecked my lips. I rolled over and straddled him, deepening the kiss. Peters hands found my waist and I hummed quietly in approval.

And then Steve threw a pillow at us. I humphed in annoyance and laid down on Peters chest, looking at Steve.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I think Cap is trying to say that you guys should get a room," Clint said.

"No! No, don't go to either of your rooms, stay right here so I can watch you and make you you guys aren't... what's the word..."

"Fonduing?" Peter asked, causing both of us to burst out laughing.

"Sure, Fonduing, whatever," Steve smarted back at us, which made the two of us to laugh again.

"Aren't you guys a little bit young for that anyways?" Natasha asked. I blinked at her.

"Nat, we're 16?" I answered.

"Every time I see you I always think about little tiny toddler you," She said.

"Your mom dropped you off, said she couldn't find a sitter but she would pick you up after her shift at the diner," Steve continued. Peter sat up, which made me sit up as well because I was on top of him. He was obviously intrigued. My mom was just one of those topics that never came up.

"She said she would come back for me and then she didn't," I said. Peter looked at me with big eyes. Maybe I owe him this explanation.

"Okay, so my mom right? She and my dad had a one night stand and that's kind of why I exist. My mom took care of me for the first three and a half years of my life, you know, and she was good. I don't remember much but I know that she used to bake cookies and sing lullabies. She was a really good mom," I said, "She was, until she dropped me off at Avengers Tower with a note to my dad explaining that he missed out on the first three and a half years, but he could have me for the rest of my life because she wasn't coming back. She said she wanted better for me. She could tell I was smart and gifted and whatever, and she wanted the opportunity for me to be able to grow up and be able to make use of it." I explained. It was almost like I was defending her.