CHAPTER ELEVEN

[AUTHORS NOTE:

what's up bitches

i finally got over my writers block. im not promising regular updates but at least i got this one? if you can't tell im a wreck lol

anyways enjoy.

vote and comment too :)]

-
-
-
-
-
-

Peter and I went back to the compound after we ate dinner at his apartment. We were both in my bathroom, him sitting on the sink while I was standing between his legs applying a face mask. Peter would never admit it, but he liked doing face masks almost as much as I did.

"Mr. Parker?" FRIDAY came over the intercom.

"Yeah?" Peter asked.

"The Avengers are suiting up for a mission, they want you to come," FRIDAY said.

"They do?" Peter asked.

"What about me?" I asked loudly.

"I only have a request for Mr. Parker." Peter and I made confused eye contact before we both bent over my sink and started scrubbing the still wet face masks off of our skin. It was us bumping elbows and laughing at each other.

I got my mask off first. I spun and felt blindly for a hand towel to wipe my face off. I did so quickly and then handed the towel to Peter. We tripped over each other on the way out of the bathroom.

"I need to go get my suit," Peter said.

"Yeah, and I have to find that necklace." Peter and I split up. I dug through my dresser drawer, looking for my necklace that contained my suit. When I found it, I cheered to myself. I clasped it behind my neck and pressed the button. Excited goosebumps prickled on my skin. I was finally going to have a mission. I was going to be Ari Stark again. I was going to save a life instead of end one.

I pulled my bow and quiver out of the closet and walked out of my room. I met Peter in the hallway and we jogged down it into the living room. Dad, Steve, Bucky, Natasha, Clint, and Sam were standing in the living room, suited up. They looked out of place next to the modern interior of the compound.

"Woah, woah," Dad said. "Where do you think you're going young lady?"

"Uh, with you?" I asked. Dad blinked in surprise.

"I thought you told FRIDAY to only ask for Peter?" Clint asked.

"Yeah, FRIDAY did only ask for Peter," I said. "What, did you guys not want me to come or something?"

There was a pause. And, in that pause, I found my answer. "...oh," I said.

"You're not ready, Ari," Bucky said. "There's no shame in waiting until you're okay to start working again."

"I'm ready," I argued. "I've been fine!" That was almost the truth. I was by no extent fine, but I gave off the image that I was fine. That counted for something, didn't it?

"We just, um, we aren't sure it's the best idea. That's all," my dad said. "Maybe in a few more months when we're sure you're solid and your nightmares go away-"

"I don't need to be protected," I grumbled, crossing my arms. I looked to Peter for support.

"She can stay with me," Peter said. "I know her, I know what her tells are when she's about to break into the wrong mindset. If it happens, I'll see it coming."

"It isn't about seeing it coming," Natasha said. "It's about what happens to all of us if you can't talk her down."

Am I that dangerous? Are they afraid of me? Maybe they should be. Maybe they all look over their shoulders and sleep with their doors shut because I'm dangerous. Unpredictable. An animal. A weapon.