CHAPTER THREE

16 year old Aurora Stark has been missing for two months now. No new information has been brought up, and many people are beginning to fear that the case is running cold. In other news, the assailant that assassinated General Ross earlier this month is still missing. Many people are rumoring that a new, more deadly version of the Winter Soldier is here.

PETER PARKERS POV

"No no no, Mr. Stark, you need to listen to me ok? I asked MJ and Ned if they took my mask and they said no, so I checked the security cameras. These guys," I paused to gesture at the faces on Mr. Starks big computer screen, "These guys have the mask. See these jumpsuits? They're HYDRA. HYDRA knows I'm Spider-Man. And HYDRA knows my school. How would they know that? Ari." I finished exasperatedly, gesturing at the screen. Mr. Stark blinked.

Ari being gone took a lot out of him. He's lost weight, he hasn't shaved. These two months without Aurora Stark took their toll on him. He's sad all the time, even if he doesn't say so. I can see it.

I've been trying to find Ari since the day she disappeared. I've lost sleep. The love of my life, the person I spent every day with. The person I love more than I love myself. Gone. Ari going missing has messed me up in more ways than one. But she's Mr. Starks daughter. And he isn't alright either.

"They have Ari, Mr. Stark. It has to be HYDRA."

"Pete, I thought we had this established already?"

"No, but look. Do you see these? The jumpsuits? They're made in the Bronx."

"That could mean anything," Mr. Stark argued. I rolled my eyes.

"Or it could mean that they're here. She's right under our nose, we just have to find her. Right?" I asked softly. He nodded and turned back to his computer.

Mr. Stark was reading an article about the assassination of General Ross. He was shot and killed with a bow and arrow and somehow, the assassin stayed hidden from all of the cameras around the city. There are rumors going around that the Winter Soldier is back.

Did Ari really kill him? She wouldn't do that. Ari was a vegetarian until she got cancer and needed the meat for nutrition. She was the most gentle and caring girl I knew. It couldn't of been her.

"I don't know what to tell you, kid." Mr. Stark said. I know he's tired and he's hurting. I am too. But she's still out there. She had to be. Because I don't know what I'll do if she isn't.

I rode the elevator up to the main floor and walked though the living room. The compound was always so quiet. I don't like the idea of Mr. Stark and Pepper here all alone so I bounce back and forth from May's house. It's alright.

I turned into Ari's room. Force of habit. I sat on her bed and picked up her phone off of the night table. The picture of us was still in the case.

I held it in my hands for a minute, setting it down when a tear dropped off of my nose and landed on it. I put it back in the nightstand when I remembered something important.

The burner phone. Steve told Ari a long time ago that if she ever needed anything, all she had to do was call. Ari needs help.

I fumbled with the phone in my hand, before pressing call and holding it up to my ear.

"Ari? Oh thank god, I was so worried about you." Steve breathed a sigh of relief from the other end of the phone.