CHAPTER ELEVEN: She said yeessss!!!!

The door opened and we jumped apart. Fear gripped me at the realization of how a boy and a girl that were alone in an empty class must have looked like.

I was in big trouble.

My heart started to beat faster again in anticipation of Mr Joseph finding us here.

"Nenye's sister?" A familiar voice said.

It wasn't Mr Joseph, it was Toriola!

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

He saw Chidindu standing beside me and narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"Nothing," I said quickly and rushed to the door.

"We were hiding from a teacher," Chidindu said plainly and I resisted the urge to facepalm myself.

I gave him a look for him to be quiet but he either chose to ignore me or didn't understand what I was trying to say.

"The teacher had a stick with him," he said again.

"You mean Mr Joseph? he's not here anymore, prayer time is over." He said still looking suspiciously at Chidindu.

"Really!" I checked my watch and he was right.

"Yes, both of you should leave now." He said facing me.

I nodded my head in agreement and started to go but before I could leave, he stopped me.

"Nenye's sister,"

"Yes?" I turned around to see his face all serious.

"Don't skip prayer time again."

I nodded at him and said immediately, "I won't, I promise."

He smiled at my reply and let me go.

The walk back to class was uncomfortable. My mind continued going back to what would have happened back at that class if not for Toriola's interruption.

If not for him I would have kissed a boy that I had just met last week. A boy that I had just started talking to. That was fast, too fast. I wasn't even sure if we were friends yet.

I stole a peek at him, he had a blank look on his face. I wondered if he was thinking about the same thing. I couldn't tell much from his expression.

We got to the class to see everyone getting ready to go home since prayer time was the last thing for the day. Jennifer stopped Chidindu when we got to the door of the class. When she noticed me looking at her she frowned.

"What?"

I ignored her and walked to my seat. Kolade wasn't at his seat but his bag was still there. I spotted him talking to Amina at her own seat and smiled at how cute they looked together. He turned and saw me watching them, smiled back and went back to their conversation.

I began to feel like someone's eyes were watching me, I looked back at the front of the class to see that it was Chidindu. Jennifer was still talking to him but he wasn't paying attention to her, he was looking at me.

For a second I swear I felt my heart behave funny. It started beating faster again. I didn't need someone to tell me that I had started blushing.

His eyes remained on me and I began to feel uncomfortable. I took my school bag and rushed out of the class.

Since it was closing time, I went to the parking lot.

Vicky's driver was already there waiting for us. I was the first person to reach the car so I greeted the man and dropped my bag in the car.