ONE

Years ago, a scientist, who people believed was insane or highly obsessed with Twilight, had spent his life researching the existence of vampires. No one thought much of it until he found the creation itself.

Expect this wasn't an ordinary finding; this wasn't the finding of a new planet or a cure. This was a mythical creature that was only found in stories and movies, that fed off of humans to stay alive.

It started an explosion of panic and fear among humans.

No one went out past a certain time; everyone wore scarves and turtlenecks and didn't trust anyone anymore.

These findings caused more harm than good.

It's been fifty years and nothing changed.

Curfew was six, scarves weren't just a fashion statement anymore, and making friends was impossible.

For Kai, this was his life. He grew up in this fear of the unknown, just like his parents lived their life.

He wasn't that happiest about the rules and wanted a change, but he figured his parents had enough pressure in their lives that he didn't need to add to it.

Until he did.

Kai was late. The curfew of six was officially passed and no one was in sight but him. It was quiet, he could hear the drip of water from a leaking rain gutter and the sound of a mouse squeaking in the near distances, but Kai refused to panic.

How could he be intimidated by something he never met?

All the stories of vampires were never based on fact because instead of trying to understand vampires, people choose to fear them rather.

Kai kept his pace, the groceries clutched in his hands as he tried to walk the dark street, although it was only six-thirty, the town was dark with everyone turning their lights off.

Kai wished someone kept a light on to help him see, but he didn't get that lucky.

"Well, someone is out past curfew." A male voice announced, causing Kai to turn around fast, but no one was there.

Kai didn't show panic or fear; instead, he just turned back around and kept going.

"Oh, acting bravely? How cute." The same voice snickered, but this time it sounded like it was coming from a building roof beside him.

Kai looks up, just to see a body drop down in front of him, from the building's roof. The mysterious man lands with a small like jump, from the impact.

The male tilts his head at Kai, and then bites his lips, his fangs peeking through.

"It's been a while since I see a mortal this cute." The male said, smirking.

His hair was dyed bleach blonde; he had light blue eyes, a sharp jawline, and his face held a stone emotionless look, his skin pale and his eyebrows slightly raised.

His body was draped in an expensive fur coat, almost to show his imperial status and he had an aurora that gave the appearance he was. Behind the fur coat was that of a tan, well-stitched turtleneck, washed jeans, with gold trimmings and dress shoes that didn't seem to have a single mark on them finished the look.

The male's eyes ranked up and down Kai's body, licking his lips. "You aren't scared?" He declared, tilting his head in a mocking gesture.

Kai didn't know why he was supposed to be scared, maybe if the male had a more un-human-like look instead of looking like a person who could use a little bit more sun in his life.

"No," Kai said, legitimately, although his voice was still small, due to never speaking vastly to anyone.

"Are you serious, Matteo? Leave the kid alone." A male said, appearing beside Matteo, from thin air.

Matteo smirked at the male, tossing his arm over the taller male's shoulder, "look at how cute he is. How could I leave him alone?"

Kai's eyes scanned over the new figure. His hair was a dark brown, his eyes were dark hazel, and his face showed the look of annoyance, his lips were chewing on that of a dog tag, his plump lips wrapped around the small beads of the necklace. He looks like he hasn't shaved in a couple of days, which only added to the sharp jawline that he displayed.

He was wearing a white buttoned-up dress shirt, which looked a size too small as it hugged his body snuggly, the top three buttons ignored showing off his collarbone and smooth skin. Tight black dress pants, showed off his muscular thighs and his shoes were white dress shoes, with diamonds creating a fancy wavy design.

Kai meet the male's eyes, whose face showed one of amusement, "he is curious, but not scared." The male spoke, letting the necklace leave his mouth, Kai watching it drop, almost like in slow motion.

"Maybe we should bring him with us?" Matteo suggested, his eyes yet again ranking up and down the smaller boy's body.

The male's eyes left Kai's, looking at Matteo, "you think?"

Matteo nodded, "Yeah, only if he is okay with it."

Both eyes were now on Kai, "I - I - okay." He agreed, the two didn't look like they wanted to eat him alive and he didn't have much to lose.

When would be the next time two Greek Gods ask him to join them?

Matteo's face fell into a smirk and he dance with that of excitement, "come on little human, we don't have much time to waste. We are already late." Matteo said, placing his hand out.

Kai looked down at it for a moment, this would be the last time for him to back out and head home. He could go back to living his normal life of boring schedules and constant paranoia.

His eyes looked back up at the two males, who looked back, waiting.

Kai then glanced at the plastic bag filled with bread and peanut butter, he let his fingers slowly let go of the bag, watching it drop to the ground, before reaching for the outheld hand, accepting it.

"You won't regret this," Matteo promised.

Kai knew that promise would be kept.