FIVE

Zane stood, unable to speak or think of something to say. Every time he had spoken he was put back in his place.

"Where's the extra bedroom?" Kai spoke, breaking the silence.

"I'll show you," Zane said.

"I just hope it's not in your vampire speed." Kai joked, easing the tension. Zane walked by him, side-eyeing Kai, "I don't think that would be very fair."

Kai shook his head, following behind Zane. "So, how much time do you spend here?" Kai asked.

"What makes you think I don't spend time here, human?" Zane asked right back.

"Well, this house doesn't feel like a home. It doesn't seem like you even spend time here, you have a TV, but nothing connected to it. Your kitchen didn't have anything in it. It looks like a demo house." Kai spoke, as Zane opened a door allowing Kai to step into the room.

Zane just let a breath out of his nose, in a huff manner, not saying anything.

"You don't speak that much, do you?" Kai asked, turning around and looking at Zane who was leaning against the door frame.

"I try not to." He said.

"Why?" Kai asked, tilting his head.

Zane let out a dry chuckle, "I have my reasons." He simply said, "Now get some rest and stop worrying about me. I'm not worth the time. You won't get anywhere."

In a flash, Zane was gone and Kai was left standing alone. He let out a sigh, walking over and closing the door.

He turned around, looming around the guest room, which was bigger than his actual room.

The bed was a simple queen, wrapped in a black silk sheet and a red comforter. Kai slowly walked over to the bed, his hand dragging against it.

He looked around and noticed two doors, walking over to it and opening it, revealing a small closet. He walked in and looked around.

There were clothes and he only assumed that it was Zane's and he ran out of closest or Matteo's if he spent time here.

He closed the door back and walked over to the other one, opening it.

It was a bathroom and if Kai had never experienced happiness before, this would be the cause. He hasn't had a decent shower since the day he was born.

It's not that he couldn't shower, he kept himself clean, but he couldn't linger and they were always cold and unpleasant.

He ran back to the closest, grabbing a pair of black sweatpants and a light brown sweater. After looking at the other clothes he could only assume it was part of Matteo's clothes. Figuring out he could never picture Zane wearing a bright pink tank top.

He skipped back to the bathroom, stripping off his old, dirty clothes and happily turning the shower on, feeling hot water and sighing happily.

He quickly got in, allowing his body to be engulfed in hot water. He grabbed some shampoo, cleaning his hair and scrubbing his scalp so harshly it started to hurt.

The clean water ran brown after running down his body. He grabbed the conditioner and massaged it into his head.

After he finished with his hair, he got a washcloth, pouring an ungodly amount of soap, and cleaned his whole body as well as he could.

He turned the shower off and exited the tub. He noticed a toothbrush and toothpaste with a little note.

'I heard the shower running. Was tempted to peak on my little human, but didn't.

Maybe next time I could join. (;

-Matteo.'

Kai rolled his eyes at the note, drying himself off with a fluffy white towel and putting on the clothes.

He grabbed the toothbrush and brushed his teeth. He exited the bathroom, only to see Matteo laying down on top of the blankets, in a not so innocent way.

He was lying on his side, his elbow propped against the bed, as he rested his head on his hand.

"I've been expecting you." He said, looking up, his eyes turned a darker blue.

"You're wearing my clothes." He spoke, his voice dropping.

"Ah, yeah, I wanted to wear something comfy," Kai said, looking down, biting his bottom lip, and playing with the sleeves of the slightly too big sweater.

"Sorry I didn't ask I can change back if you want."

Matteo smirked, in a second he was in front of Kai, gently grabbing the male's chin, making him lookup. "My little human, you look breathtaking in my clothes, just next time prepare me. My little guy has a mind of his own."

Kai's face turned bright red; he didn't know what to say.

Matteo chuckles softly, "but don't fear. I can control myself, although I don't want to."

"How are you so bold?" Kai asked.

Matteo raised a brow, "have you seen me? I am not one to brag, but I am not lacking in the looks department."

Kai nodded along, "that is true. You are quite handsome," Kai said making Matteo smirk, "but you shouldn't be all about looks. What's the point of having a personality if you are just relying on looks?" The smirk fell.

"I didn't think of that. I," Matteo trailed off, not knowing what to say.

Kai smiled softly, "your looks to me are merely nice to look at, but I'd rather know you as a whole and not just as a face. You are worth more than that and if you allow me to, I would be more than happy to show you."

Matteo bit the inside of his cheek, "you are truly a fallen angel." He said, "Heaven couldn't have someone as pure as you there. You must have been sent to spread your love and kindness. I would love to be loved by you."

Kai's eyes watered, "then allow me to love you. To know you, to cherish you as you are."

Matteo nodded, "You're very brave."

Kai just nodded, wiping his eyes, "sometimes the only thing you can do is be brave."

"Now come on my little human, I have night duty with you."

Kai let Matteo led him to the bed, both of them getting in and under the blanket.

"Is it okay to cuddle you?" Matteo asked.

Kai nodded shyly, "y - yes. Thank you for asking."

Matteo smiled, pulling Kai's body into his, "I just want my little human to be comfortable."

"You make me feel comfortable," Kai mumbled before closing his eyes and going into a deep sleep.