SEVEN

"I'll make you your favorite dinner for today and we can tell your dad the good news." His mother said, pulling her son into a tight hug, "I'm proud of you." She spoke, before getting up and hearing into the kitchen.

Kai sighed, he manage to get through his mother, but his father is the tough one.

He pushed himself off the couch and walked into the kitchen. "Have you ever seen a vampire?" He asked his mother who was chopping up carrots.

She stopped and looked at him, "I never gave myself the chance to." She huffed out and went back to chopping.

"So you don't know if they are bad?" Kai asked.

"Well, no. I was just told they were and it's better to not take the risk of finding out."

Kai nodded, at least his mother wasn't completely in the mindset of vampires being bad.

She smiled at him, "if given the chance of meeting one. I think I would, just to see if they are what I was told."

Kai smiled back, "I think you would be proven wrong."

His mother shrugged. "You leave for one day and all you do is talk about vampires, you're making me think you met one."

"Or maybe I am one." He joked, making his mom point the knife at him, "I won't hesitate."

He laughed, "I'm going to go start packing," she smiled at him, he smiled back, jogging up the stairs into his room.

He could hear his mom humming a tune as she cooked, it was almost like reassurance that she was going to be fine without him.

He grabbed his suitcase and started packing his clothes. He took about two hours to pack everything he wanted to take, mainly because he kept playing with stuff he found.

His mother called for dinner and he came down, seeing his father sitting there with an angry face, unlike his mother who's face was glowing with happiness.

He slowly sat down at the table, his mother smiling happily, "would you like to tell your father?" She asked.

"I, um, I have an apartment." He said, "yesterday when I saw the time. I rushed to the place and manage to survive the night."

"So you have an apartment? With what money?" His father asked.

"I saved up from running chores and those jobs I kept doing," Kai explained.

His father scoffed, "so that night you went to that apartment and survived? Against thoughts blood-sucking demons?"

Kai nodded.

"You could have died out there. So careless." His father spat.

"Are you upset that I almost died or that I lived?" Kai retorted back, angrily.

His father rolled his eyes, "you were being dumb and stupid. Going to the store, because your mother asked, yo7 never use your head."

Kai stood up, "maybe you should start using yours." Kai spat. "If you don't mind, I have an apartment I need to get to," Kai said, going over and grabbing his bags from the front door.

He leaves without a goodbye, exiting the house.

He started walking down the street, when someone appeared beside him, "my little human, finally all mine." Matteo whispered lowly in Kai's ear.

Kai shoved Matteo, making his sunglasses move and he hiss. "Ah, okay, I won't make any more sex jokes," Matteo whined out.

"If not I won't hesitate to cut bitch."

Matteo laughed, "I always wanted to do knife play." Kai slapped him in the chest.

"Now can we stop walking?" Matteo whined, stomping his feet.

Kai rolled his eyes, "fine."

Matteo jumped up and down happily, dragging said human into an alley. Kai wrapped his arm around Matteo's neck, their nose touch from how close they were.

"You tease me," Matteo said and soon Kai's vision became a blur.

They landed in Zane's apartment, Matteo grabbing Kai's bag and went upstairs, not at vampire speed.

"We could always get that bed worn in." Matteo winked at Kai who blushed.

Kai soon followed Matteo upstairs, gasping at the view.

Matteo was shirtless, his tone chest on display. His and flexing with each movement of his body.

Matteo turns around, smirking at Kai, placing his hands in his jeans and slyly pulling them down to reveal his deepen v-line.

Kai opened his mouth, his eyes unable to leave Matteo's chest, so he didn't notice when Matteo stepped closer.

"My little human, how does it feel to be teased back?" Matteo asked, smirking and crossing his arms.

Kai glared at him, letting out a huff of air and pouting.

"You know, vampires do like blood, but we are also thirsty for some other juices humans create," Matteo said, pulling Kai's body against his and letting his hands fall to the smaller one's plump ass, squeezing it.

"As much as I am enjoying this, I'm afraid I and Matteo have some meeting to attend," Zane spoke, making Kai jump and push Matteo away.

Matteo let out a sigh of annoyance, grabbing his shirt and putting it on.

He walked past Zane, mumbling some choice words to Zane.

Zane shook his head and let out an airy chuckle, before letting his eyes fall on Kai, who was standing still. He was afraid of what the vampire would say, but instead, he just got a glance before Zane turned and left away well.

A moment later he returned at the doorway, looking at Kai.

"Oh yeah, human."

"Yes?" Kai responded.

"Enjoy your stay, I know I will," Zane said, before winking at the male.

Kai's breathing stopped for a moment.

... did Zane just flirt?