flashback 6: sense of closure

Hey y'all

This chapter is not a continuation of the chapter monopoly buddies.

But it is a Jaylen POV and a Travis POV.

I hope you enjoy this chapter

***

Please vote and comment

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Jaylen

Travis was driving me back home and the ride was very quiet. I was too scared to talk to him because he looked pretty aggrieved, and he was driving at an awfully fast pace.

After seeing what Travis did to his friend today, it made me to scared to ask him to slow down, because what if he hurts me for disrupting him. I didn't want us to get into trouble with cops, so I gathered all my confidence and tried to ask him to slow down.

"Um... T-Travis c-can you slow down." I said quietly in fear of what was gonna happen next. Travis then shot a stern look towards my direction, "what are you saying I can't hear you", he said in a harsh manner.

I looked at the ground and closed my eyes because I couldn't make eye contact,"I-I'm just asking that you... Um, that you Sl..", but before I couldn't finish Travis interrupted me.

"You're asking that I what, Jaylen!!! SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" he shouted whilst he banged the steering wheel. I didn't answer because I was to scared to talk to him whilst he was angry.

I made him furious by ignoring him, so then he stopped the car on the side of the road and looked towards me, "JAYLEN SPEAK UP OR ELSE I'LL..." He said furiously, before I interrupted him. "I'm just asking you to slow down. Please don't hurt me!" I said as I burst into tears.

Travis's face softened once he saw me start to cry. I think he realised he went a little to far.

"I'm sorry, just please don't hurt me." I begged, whilst my face was filled with tears. Travis calmed down and laid his head on the steering wheel and took in a deep breathe. "I won't hurt you Jaylen, I will never do that to you." He said. He sat up from the steering wheel, leaned in towards me and wiped my tears " can you please forgive me" he asked.

He's always asking for forgiveness.

I sat up and looked into his eyes and he had a tear running down his face. My eyes shot wide open. I'd never expect him to cry, but I kinda understand why he'd want to. He beat up his friend and almost hurt me as well. I'm sure it pains him to see his anger taking over, and not being able to control it.

I wiped his tear of his face and we ended up starring at each other for some time. I could see it in his eyes, I saw that he actually felt bad and obviously I was going to forgive him. Despite the fact that I knew something like this would happen again, and that I knew we'd find ourselves in a situation were he'd need forgiveness again.

"Let me take you to my house, its still a little early." He suggested. It really was still early because we left the party earlier than we had planned.