Move on

Hey y'all

Its been a minute.

This chapter is a continuation of the chapter: Your number one.

It has a Jaylen's POV and a Travis's POV.

***
Hope y'all enjoy

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Jaylen

It was right there. It was given to me so easily, but I just couldn't see it.

'Your number one'

Who else could it be, other then the one and only...

"Travis?!" I said in a... I don't even know how to convey or manifest the manner in which I said his name, or how I felt when saying it. I don't know if it was said with the feeling of anger, despair, desolation, eagerness, anticipation, joy, or just sheer uncertainty and hesitation.

I don't know how I feel about seeing him again.

"Well, that's not the reaction I expected" Travis said jokingly with a smirk on his face. It seemed as if my reaction didn't really affect him, which I'm immensely grateful for, cause I don't want him thinking that I'm not happy to see him or anything. I'm just... A mix of emotions and I can't tell or determine whether it's good or bad.

"Same." I admitted, with a half smile. I also didn't expect myself to react the way I did. To tell you the truth, I've thought of a moment like this. A moment were I'd meet Travis again. A moment where we've both moved on with life and we'd be eager to see each other again.

I never expected it to happen like this. I never expected it to happen so... Quick.

I guess it was just the timing.

"So... You're not happy to see me then?" He said with a trace of hurt in his voice as he looked down to the ground.

"No no no. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to see you. I'm... just shocked, that's all." I quickly said (truthfully), trying to make him feel less upset, and clearly it worked, cause it didn't take long for his smirk to resume back on his face.

He then clutched onto one of my hands and began softly rubbing them in a repetitive manner, as he fascinatingly fixed he's eye's on them.

"So did you get my flowers?" He asked, still glaring at my hand with a soft, genuine and fulfilling smile on his face. He looked so happy, as if touching my hand made his world, as if he'd finally had a sense of foundation or closure.

It kinda made my heart smile to see him like this. To see him so restful and at ease.

He was calm, and it hurt cause I could clearly see that he still felt... Felt like there was still something between us. When there actually wasn't... Anymore. Cause my heart unfortunately belongs to someone else.

And that's what I feared. I feared that he came all this way for someone who'll never reciprocate the feelings I'm guessing he still has for that person.

"Um...yeah I did get them." I said as I hastily removed my hand from his grasp, once reality hit me. I can't do this. I can't allow him to just freely touch my hand like that. All it's gonna do is give him a false hope and the wrong impression.