Wait and see

Hey ya'll

This is it guys.
We are literally so close to ending our journey together... so please have fun reading this chapter.

***

Enjoy
Love ya'll

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Travis

"We need to find out who this person is before they go off and get us into trouble." One out of the three men I did 'business' with said, as we sat in my home board room.

"We already have people out searching and doing whatever they can to find them." The second man clarified, but his statement didn't really help with easing the tension in the room.

"Travis?" The third man spoke, "What do you have to say about this? You know the boss isn't gonna be happy once he hears about your recent sale." He added.

It was all my fault, but it was also just a silly mistake.

I thought I could trust the guy I sold the weapon to. I didn't think he would run off with the piece before actually purchasing it.

My mind was focused on Jackson and how Juan and Miguel failed at their assignment. It turned into something it wasn't supposed to transpire into. The plan was to make Jackson feel threatened and unsafe, by agitating him a little and having him report all this to Jaylen, which would make Jaylen feel more obligated to stay away from Dandre.

Instead, I lost one of my men from a shooting that was spawn by none other than... his own partner. And to make it worse, a broken shoulder too.

My intention was never to get anyone hurt. It was just to spread a message.

"All I wanna know, is why the fuck he gave him the piece before actually obtaining a pure purchase." The first guy said angrily. Standing from his seat and banging his fist onto the table, "How stupid can a pers-"

"Listen okay!" I pressed, standing from my seat as well, obviously annoyed by all this BS. I didn't have time to be worrying about sales and weapons. I also wasn't in the mood for all the blaming and finger pointing of angry sales men. All I cared about was how I was going to not get caught and charged for being responsible for Jacksons shooting.

"I've got this covered. I'll figure something out." I said brushing off the conversation, as I made my way towards the door.

Taking a halt by the door, I added, "Just... cover for me for a little while till I figure something out." Leaving the meeting at that.

***

Walking back into the house after escorting my businesses partners to their cars, my phone began vibrating in my pockets.

Taking it out of my pockets and placing it against my ear, I answerd, "Hello." making my way into my home office. I didn't even look at the caller ID.

"Hey." The voice sounded sad and troubled. "Um, I just wanted to-"

"Hello. Sorry, can I ask who this is." I cut the person off. I was so close to just dropping the call cause I thought it was a wrong number, but regretted the thought once the caller said their name.